Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Newspaper?

piggy love

Cavy Slave
Ok so as some of you may know I am working on my C&C and the poor girls are in a jumbo superpet cage. :(
I really need to clean the cage and don't have ny litter and my mom is not home so can I use news paper shredded if it is partially soy ink? It was just be in there for a couple days and I can spot clean it until I get litter.

lissie

Cavy Slave
You can use newspaper for a temporary situation like this but it should be cleaned out at least once a day.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
You would probably need to change it twice a day...it gets messy quickly with all the pee and poos.

Nicolene

Cavy Slave
When I've used shredded in the past they ate it! So for cage cleaning I put them on flat newpaper sheets with lots of hay to keep them occupied and away from the paper... It is messy though, clean often!

guineapig67

Cavy Slave
I use newspaper when I have the fleece in the wash. I also use it under my fleece. I need to change the newspaper before I put the fleece in because of the poo and pee.

Domino & Bedhead

Cavy Slave
You may be better off using an old towel or two. They can eat the newspaper as mine will do every chance they get. Fleece and towels work well, or towels until you can get some fleece, or an old blanket to put on top. Hope this helps!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.