Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

new here!

LisaJeanne

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, new here. My names Lisa, I love looking at this site and thought i would be apart of it! Love looking at everyones cute little piggies and cages! im the proud mommy of flower, shes a black and white long hair piggie. shes really easy going and super funny! she lost her best friend about 3months ago they kinda had a mother daughter bond. i was wondering what kind of advice i could get about if its a good idea to try and get her a new friend.. shes only done good with layla in the cage and no other piggies.. i had another piggie who passed away about 2 weeks ago and they only got along in the yard. both other girls were many years older then flower. flowers only a year old. i know guinea pigs like to be together so is it a good idea or should i wait longer?
Hope to chat soon!

Fessorath

Cavy Slave
I'm new as well, but I did want to comment on the 'new friend' question. I have a six year old sow who lost her sister a while back, and recently introduced a new one year old sow as a companion. Both of the girls are a lot happier now.

I think it is a very good idea to get flower a friend. Just make sure to follow the guidelines for new introductions, and quarantine the new arrival first!

LisaJeanne

Cavy Slave
thank you! i just wanted to hear some advice, ive always had an easy time adding piggies and introducing everyone but ive never had to (not sure what word to use) "replace" not the word i want to use but you know what i mean.. just wasnt sure if any kind of stress would be put on her cos i know she realizes her friend is gone. i know i spoil her and spend tons of time with her but i still want her to have a piggie friend! so thank you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.