Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hola, Konnichiwa, and Hi!

JerryBerry

Cavy Slave
Hi! I'm JerryBerry and introductions make me blush. I (oddly) live in Minnesota and enjoy cuddling up in sweaters and blankets even if its 85 degrees outside. Yes, I live in Minnesota.

I am so so glad I found this site, because I have three confessions.
1. I've been lurking here for about a month.
2. I'm terrible at writing short-and-to-the-point. I write novels, but I will surely try to keep that in check.
3. I'm -ahem- an impulse cavy buyer.

Which is wierd, because normally I research everything to death. Literally. By the time I'm done researching something a newer version/model/idea has come out. But...not this time. Long story short, me and Mr. Hubby were at a fair, in the 'baby animal barn', and happened upon three baby guinea pigs for sale. One was a little black and white speckled guy that looked just like out hamster, Jasper. Only bigger. I fell in love, and my thought process was "Adorable! Looks like Jasper = behaves/acts/is a bigger Jasper!" Mr. Hubby put up only a token resistance reminding me that we were camping an hour and a half from home and knew nothing about guinea pigs. But he was already smitten with the little guy, and like I said "Adorable! Looks like Jasper = behaves/acts/is a bigger Jasper!"

Hmmm, yeah, so totally not a bigger Jasper. But, we bought the little guy, named him Jerome (I'm the cheif pet namer in our house. Are you seeing a pattern?) and toddled our happy little bottoms over to the local Walmart for emergency/temporary housing and feeding supplies.

That poor little guy, we were so stupid. But! We have corrected our (many) mistakes, and even Jasper is benefitting. We've made a c&c cage for both of them (Jasper has mesh grids, have no fear) and realized how dangerous pine is, so we are upgrading to bedspreads and fun fleeces! We've had Jerome about a month now, and in about another month he will have two male friends to play with!

So, yes, there is my introduction (and it's much shorter than the first draft!) so hi!

blizNwally

Cavy Slave
Hello! Welcome to the site ^^

DaisyLily

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Hi and Welcome to GPC!

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
Welcome! I love Minnesota! I was born there and live there for 10 years, and LOVE the cold. Now I live in FL and the heat drives me insane.

I know all about the mistakes of buying a guinea pig before researching... :eek: You don't even wanna hear how my poor pig was living. :ashamed: It does feel good to improve their lives though and feel as if your finally giving them everything they deserve. :cheerful:

Good luck, and once again, welcome to GPC!

GPonnett

Cavy Slave
Welcome! You found a great resource for your little guys. Congratulations!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.