Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi! Another Noob here!!

toffeepig

Cavy Slave
Hello all!
I've been lurking here for a few weeks and thought it time I introduced myself and my piggie. My name is Erica, and I brought Toffee home from the petshop last June. He will be a year old this month, but I believe his life is just beginning!!

Until I found these forums (this and GuineaLynx) I thought cavies were just oversized hamsters, give them a cage and pellets and water and you were set. BOY was I wrong!! I realize now how much I've been neglecting my Toffee, and I intend to use my new-found knowledge to make him a bigger part of my life.

I am moving from Tennessee to Montana in about six weeks, so I'm trying to hold off on the C&C cage until after the move, but I really would like to give Toffee more space. I also have three cats, one of which is semi-feral, so I have to have floor time in a closed room for limited times. Toffee is SOOOO much happier now that I've expanded his diet and given him more attention, and I can't wait to get him a friend after I move!!

Anyway, I could go on for days, but I have to get ready for school (college - I'm on the 18 year plan at this point :) )

Peaches

Cavy Slave
Welcome. I too was neglecting my piggie. The folks here are wonderful and answer questions so quickly and compltetely. My only suggestions would be 1) consider adopting next time instead of buy from pet store. 2) wait till you get a friend before you move your piggie into his new cage, that way the old piggie wont scent it as much. This is what I am doing. I get my new adopted piggie on Thursday and will introduce them together then.

toffeepig

Cavy Slave
Oh I will definitely adopt Toffee's pal. I adopted my cats, because I know about the cat/dog overpopulation problem, but I had no idea there were cavy rescues/shelters until I found this site!!!

Thanks for the idea about adopting and introducing the new cage at the same time!

pookczek

Cavy Slave
Hi toffeepig! Welcome!
Feel free to ask any questions - the only stupid questions are the ones that aren't asked... something like that :p
I look forward to seeing pics of your cavy

Denise

Cavy Slave
Welcome Toffeepig! Congratulations on your new piggie and I hope your move to Montana is uneventful. Stop by often!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome to the forum! Toffee sounds like he has had major improvements in his life and more yet to come!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.