Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ramps Good ramp idea??

guineapig67

Cavy Slave
Im building a ramp this week for my loft. I want to build a ramp with a tunnel underneath because I have a 2x4 and I want more room space on the bottom level because I can't expan because I don't have enough room. How do you build one?? How can the pigs get up?? need help.

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
So you want the ramp to be elevated with a tunnel under it? I have a 2x4 with a loft. My ramp is 2 bent grids, a strip of coroplast, and some rubber bath matting on it. To make it less steep I have a brick under the bottom. The girls get up it fine.

Maybe if you want a tunnel, you can take a bent grid and cover it so they can still jump on it?

gimmepigs

Cavy Slave
I saw a ramp that was made out of a large pvc pipe cut in half, I thought it was a really good idea. I made mine out of a wire drawer organizer that I found at Dollar Tree. I cut the ends to open it up and covered it with a rug sample. I have also heard people say they use 40 grit sandpaper to cover their ramps. It's supposed to help file nails but isn't scratchy enough to harm foot pads.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.