Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Pics of my cages and pigs

Pigs4me

Cavy Slave
I am not sure this is the correct place to post these, but here it goes:

Indoor Cage:

URL]

Outdoor Play Area:

URL]

My cute boys Patterson and Pratchett:

URL]

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
What are the measurements? If it's a 2x3 (as it appears), you should consider expanding. That's too small for two boys.

But otherwise, their cages look pretty good!

Pigs4me

Cavy Slave
It is a 2x3 with a loft area, which they use all the time. I purchased my cage with the understanding that it was over 10 total square feet and I did not know that the loft space did not count. The C & C is temporary until December or so. My husband does woodworking as a hobby and we are planning on building a custom cage that will be more like a 1.75 x 4.5 with 2-3 levels. He is in the planning process at the moment.

For now, the cage is working out well. With the weather what it is, we are on the patio most of the day so the boys are outside with us, they are held and played with a good portion of the evening, so the indoor cage is more like a bedroom than anything.

flomopiggie5

Cavy Slave
Cute pigs! I love their names!

lissie

Cavy Slave
My husband does woodworking as a hobby and we are planning on building a custom cage that will be more like a 1.75 x 4.5 with 2-3 levels.
When calculating space for the cage, only the main level counts. They need room to run laps. 1.75x4.5 will only be 7.875 sq.ft. Can you make the cage longer and deeper? With 1.75 ft, they barely have room to turn around.

... so the indoor cage is more like a bedroom than anything.
Guinea pigs don't sleep through the night like us. They don't need a bedroom. Mine are actually more active at night.

Sirene

Cavy Slave
I'm with Lissie on this. It's great that they get out of their cage so much, but they do need the cage to be bigger, especially since you have boars, which need more space than sows. I'd say at least 2.5' in width, rather than 1.75'. Believe me, you will be glad of the extra space, especially if your boys have yet to hit puberty. I have two boys in a 3x4 (41" x 56") cage, and it still seems pretty small!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.