Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Number of piggys vs cage size

ChangeOfPace

Cavy Slave
So for the time being I have one cavvy in a 6sq foot pet store cage with a large play pen attached. I absolutly hate it. So tonite we are going to the store to buy grids. However I am wondering, whats the minimum size for three boars. I am looking into a pair of piggys to adopt for friends for my cavy. And if that fails whats the minimum for two boars? Thank you!

brindyzoeycandy

Cavy Slave
Minimum for three boars is 2x5, and for two is 2x4. (Though I personally would go for either 2x6 for 3 or 2x5 for 2)

skinnypigs

Cavy Slave
The bigger the better, my boars run around a lot. And the more space you give them the less likely they are to fight.

Catayn

Cavy Slave
Make it as big as you can, to prevent them from fighting.
A 2X6 should be fine, I think.

SFailed186

Cavy Slave
Minimum for three boars is 2x5, and for two is 2x4. (Though I personally would go for either 2x6 for 3 or 2x5 for 2)

I agree. The bigger the better is definitely true for boars. I have sows, but a few of my friends have/had boars. If I were you, I would make the absolute biggest cage that you can. I have heard that increasing the width, as well as the length, helps tremendously, especially if you have boars that run laps. With my sows, wider is better because they don't get in each others way as often and they can still run wide laps without disturbing the toys or other pigs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.