PDA

View Full Version : C&C Commercializing C&C Cages?

Dr Doughnut
08-01-10, 03:52 pm
Now, I don't have any plans for doing this, but would it be a good idea for some people to start commercialization of C&C Cages? Meaning selling kits at petstores or online, under a mainstream product, and such like that. It would make C&C Cages available to a wider audience and consumer base, and even if they would be bought with petstore guinea pigs, it would still improve their quality of life. How to include large sheets of coroplast seems like a challenge, although I'd imagine someone would make modules out of plastic or so.

Just a thought I had...

ChatterandRusty
08-01-10, 04:00 pm
I agree. It's very hard to find the right components and can get pretty pricey. Someone should commercialize C&C Cages

sarahspins
08-01-10, 04:35 pm
When I first saw the Midwest Guinea Pig Habitat (http://www.midwesthomes4pets.com/category/default.aspx?maincatid=27&subcat=4&submenu=0&catid=143), I immediately thought they were inspired by C&C cages.

However, the design falls a bit "short" in more ways than one.. the overall size is a little small, and the sides of the canvas base could be taller. I've not actually seen one in a pet store.. I came across them when I was initially looking into GP's a while back.

Just being able to *order* a C&C cage for honestly not that much more than making your own is probably about as "commercialized" as they could be expected to get. I doubt the day will ever come when appropriate cages are sold in pet stores, as that's a problem that is not just limited to guinea pigs. Most small pets need much more space than the average pet store cage allows, and many are downright unsafe.

lissie
08-01-10, 05:23 pm
You can always buy cage kits from this site. Just go to the top of the page and click "Cages Store" from the menu.

Crystal520
08-01-10, 05:29 pm
When I first saw the Midwest Guinea Pig Habitat (http://www.midwesthomes4pets.com/category/default.aspx?maincatid=27&subcat=4&submenu=0&catid=143), I immediately thought they were inspired by C&C cages.

However, the design falls a bit "short" in more ways than one.. the overall size is a little small, and the sides of the canvas base could be taller. I've not actually seen one in a pet store.. I came across them when I was initially looking into GP's a while back.

Just being able to *order* a C&C cage for honestly not that much more than making your own is probably about as "commercialized" as they could be expected to get. I doubt the day will ever come when appropriate cages are sold in pet stores, as that's a problem that is not just limited to guinea pigs. Most small pets need much more space than the average pet store cage allows, and many are downright unsafe.

They sell them and the extras that go with it at the local Care-A-Lot pet supply store near my house!

Ly&Pigs
08-01-10, 09:12 pm
While you may not find C&C cage kits in places like petstores or pet supply stores, they are being somewhat "commercialized". This site exists to get the word out about them, other forums refer to them and kits are sold through this site and there are many other resources for buying a C&C kit.

blizNwally
08-01-10, 09:17 pm
I think they are pretty commercialized already. There are plenty of sites, images and videos. But I think there needs to be an easier way to access products needed. :cheerful:

sarahspins
08-01-10, 11:30 pm
They sell them and the extras that go with it at the local Care-A-Lot pet supply store near my house!

Well that's good - we only have run of the mill big box pet stores and then some local feed-store type places, and none of those have anything bigger than "small" type pet store cages.. one of the feed stores even breeds their own pigs and bunnies.. it's sad, and I don't shop there because of it.