Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Finding Oxbow products in Ontario?

• Thread starter TheAlmightyMiko
  • Start date

TheAlmightyMiko

Cavy Slave
Well, I am halfway there--my vet finally has decided to carry Oxbow Cavy Cuisine (at a price...but I'm willing to pay it =)
However, I can't find a single place in Toronto that actually carries Oxbow hay. I've tried many different online stores, but shipping is often 2-3 times greater than the hay itself. I'm working on finding my own place and also am paying for school right now, so I just don't have the $30 to spend on shipping :(
So, my question is: has anyone in Ontario, or Canada for that matter found either:
a) An online store selling oxbow whose shipping costs to Canada are reasonable?
or
b) any stores in the Greater Toronto Area that regualrly stock Oxbow products (vets, petstores, feed stores...I guess I can't be too picky at this point!!)

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

TheAlmightyMiko

Cavy Slave
Oh and I forgot, I did try the store locator on the Oxbow page but it got me nowhere, which is why I came to the experts =)d

debbiek

Cavy Slave
The only place I know is the Canadian Pet Connection in Oakville. My husband picks it up for me. He is a trucker so when he passes through he picks it up and brings it home. They also have the web store but as you said the shipping is outrages.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
The High Park Animal Hospital carries Oxbrow Hay in many varaties for $13 for a 425g bag. They have Timothy Hay, Oat Hay, Orchard Grass, and Bunny Brome but they run out of timothy sometimes (this time the timothy wasn't very good. Green, but the peices were short and the bag has alot of hay "dust" in it.)

Here's thier website. It is also a very good place to take pigs. They did wonders for Tomoyo. Her picture in on thier "Extended Family" Wall. She's the golden agouti eating a baby carrot.

debbiek

Cavy Slave
Thanks but I buy 25lbs at a time and it only last about 6 weeks.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
How much does it cost for 25 lbs? It might be worth the trip for me. Do they have bulk litter as well? I work in Mississaga so I can make it a one every month trip or something.

I do reccommend thier vet services though. I was actually refered to them by the people on Guinea Lynx.

debbiek

Cavy Slave
They have a few things there. Not sure about the litter. Check out there web site for what they have in stock. I believe it is $61.99 plus taxes. Their web site is The Canadian Pet Connection.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Thanks. I'll check them out.

Leo92

Cavy Slave
Global pet foods on yonge street carries the hay i believe.

2boyz2luv

Cavy Slave
Miko. If you're on the east side of the GTA the Bowmanville Veterinary Clinic regularly stocks Oxbow. They have the Vit. C tablets, treats, the hays and Cavy Cuisine.
(broken link removed)

A 10 lbs bag was about $28. Not bad. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.