Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding Pebble Bathmat in Kitchen

Nekkyo

Cavy Slave
I'm still setting up the cage for the piggies to move in, so this is only an idea in progress. I want to make the kitchen area really easy to clean. I have allergies to the hay, and I don't want to be fighting with the fleece to get it off. If you search on Amazon "Pebble Bathmat" you will see what I'm talking about.

Basically it is a vinyl/plastic firm jelly mat that is composed of pebble shapes connected. There is space between the pebbles that would allow for draining. Would it be ok to use this over a layer or two of zorb/towels? Could the piggy feet handle the texture? Or would this be comparable to placing a piggy on wire flooring? I don't want to hurt my piggies feet, so I think the jelly substance should be ok. What do you think? I read a post somewhere about using kiwi tiles, but I think this is a prettier looking option. I don't know how they would compare with cleaning in mind though.

Currently the piggies are on carefresh at my boyfriend's apartment. They will be moving in with me as soon as I get the cage all ready.

Thanks for your help!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.