Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Materials in Arizona, USA

SixString

Cavy Slave
Hello there,

I just wanted to say. Thank you to this site. I have built a C&C cage and am very happy withit. This site got me looking into the project.

Here are some places i highly recommend for purchasing the materials you need:

Target - The have the cubes in boxes of 6. However, not all of the cube wire is the same size holes. There are some larger ones which i think are used to put on the backs of the cubes. Although i doubt an adult pig can slip through them anyway. Baby pigs can and will (i watched ours slip through even the smaller size squares with ease).
Cost of the cube wire boxes: $18
Colours: Black, Chrome or White

(broken link removed) have the coroplast for sale in many colours. They also sell damaged sheets which, as i found, are not damaged at really. They might have a little corner folded over or something, but it's basically going to end up being cut off anyway. The damaged sheets are $8 in cash. No tax.
If you pay cash, you can buy one or more sheets with no minimum purchase price. If you pay by CC, Cheque or Debit card, you have to spend a min of $30.
I highly recommend them, the one down in Mesa is where i picked my sheets up. Speak to Mary, she will help you out no end.

Also there's wholesalebanners.com but they're a bit more expensive. But are based in Phoenix.

If you look on Craigslist, you can search for coroplast on there too and will find sign makers advertising there who will be willing to help you out.

Hopefully that helps someone out. I apologise if i wasn't supposed to post website links, but i had such a decent experience with Montroy, i wanted to get the word out to others in AZ who might be looking.

Just a quick word.. i noticed people say the 8x8 hole wire cubes aren't the right ones and that you should get 9x9 ones. I never realised they were only 8x8 until i got them home and had already put them together.
The ones i bought are 8x8 and haven't posed any trouble yet.
However, i thought i should mention this in case anyone bought them and found out they weren't 9x9 squares.

They have a mixture of 5x5 and 8x8 squares in them. i had to buy 2 boxes to get enough of the 8x8's to make a 2x3 size cage

Thanks for the link.

I plan to replace mine soon by ordering from Sue here on this site. As I can't get 9x9's anywhere here in AZ. No one sells them.

Although, for anyone else who may of made the same mistake and bought 8x8's without knowing, i can offer a quick fix. Get some wire coat hangers and add an extra vertical bar between each set of squares. So you make it into a 16 across by 8 down type thing.
Pop some plastic covers on the top and bottom of each cut wire so you don't hurt yourself or the animals at any point.
I fastened mine on with zip ties. They're firmly in place and now the animals can't get through the squares or get stuck in them. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.