Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flooring

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
I'm in Australia and I am using kiln dried pine shavings on the bottom for flooring and using towels, big fluffy ones on the other parts of the cage (3 levels) its incredibly cosy and they love it but what a pain in the butt it is cause I'm constantly refolding the towel to fit as they move it all around etc and the plastic coro shows through. What's my other options, I have to launder a dozen or so towels every 2-3 days and it's driving me nuts & I don't have time for this! With a big family I allready have mountains of washing to do...
What are these puppy pads? Or should I use carpet? That wont move and I have a few large rugs spare I could cut up..but how do I wash them?
My pine shavings is almost empty so I may continue whatever Im using on the top to the bottom also or is a combination better?

puzzle

Cavy Slave
Well to stop the towels from moving around try putting velcrow (sp) on the coro and th towels, it might work. You probably could use carpet but the piggies might eat it, and it would be harder to wash. I do the same thing as you though, with towel on the upper levels and aspen shavings on the main level, I only wash my towels 1-2 every two weeks and they don't seem to smell.
I don't know what else to suggest so good luck!

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
Thanks for that, I totally re-did it last night and made the bottom larger but took off the top level, it was getting really hard to clean with so mny little nooks!
So now its only 2 levels, much easier to get into all area's so I'll keep using the towel's.

pookczek

Cavy Slave
I put velcro on my fleece, but am having problems with the velcro on the coroplast coming off. I bought that adhesive-backed velcro, but it seems to pull right off. I'm wondering if this is because, when I clean the cage, I spray the vinegar/water solution everywhere - maybe it causes the stickiness to loose it's ability to adhere to the coroplast.
I don't want to put bricks down because it will take up too much space. Does anyone else have a fix for this?

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
I really havn't given it more than 2 seconds thought but what about using a drop of liquid nails or something to permantly stick the velcro to the coro?
Or some other 2 sided tape cut to size will do it. 3M has some great super sticky tapes. They even some in little square's pre cut to maybe 1/2 inch bits.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Super glue! You could also use hot glue.

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
Super glue = liquid nails! :)

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
They don't call it liquid nails here in the states, just plain old super glue. I think sometimes we get into translation issues as we don't always know what some things are called in other countries.

guineagurl

Cavy Slave
Definately have to agree with that!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.