Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Maximizing space in a narrow cage?

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
I have a 2x4 C&C cage for my next foster pig, and while I was getting it ready for him, I noticed how narrow it seems. I have my own two pigs, Maggie and Sophia, in a 3x4 and my other foster pig, Jasmine, in a 3x3. Is it just me since I'm used to their wide cages, or are 2-wide cages slightly narrow?

Anyway, I need suggestions for how I can maximize what space I do have for him. Is there a certain arrangement you use in your cage that works well? Do you put all the cage accessories in a certain formation? I'd like to hear how you do it with your 2-wide cages so I can figure out how to make his cage seem larger and put my mind at ease. If you have a picture, that'd be helpful!

Thanks!

brindyzoeycandy

Cavy Slave
I've recently had to switch from a 3x5 to a 2x5 due to parents, and it doesn't seem THAT much difference though I know it is. Since I haven't finished it yet and I'm making it stacked I can't really help too much, but I will say that probably the neater you make it he will probably have more room to run laps, though that is just my opinion.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
What I'm wondering is this: Is it better to have fewer accessories than to have a bunch? Right now, he has a hidey and two tunnels. Is that too little? He's more of a lazy pig who'd rather sleep than run around, so I'm wondering what would be best to have in there.

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
If he isn't using the toys, then just take them out. I think it is better for them to have mmore space then more toys if they don't use them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.