PDA

View Full Version : What can I do to make her less bored?

Cavy5057
07-05-10, 02:21 pm
I have a guinea pig, Speckles who just lost her pal last night, now she just looks bored and lonely. What toys should I get her to make less bored? :?:

Toadies
07-06-10, 04:29 pm
Toys probably won't do it. Try rearranging the cage, a new hidey or a simple toy (like a small paper bag stuffed with hay), or new fleece but the most effective thing for Slick when we lost Charlie was people time. I held Slick more, talked to him even more, made him follow his carrot around the cage before he got it, hung his lettuces from the cage. We did the same types of things as before, just a little differently. It's not the perfect solution but it did help Slick's mood and activity level. I wish you and yours the best and I'm so sorry for the loss of your loved one.

Amanda&Pigs
07-06-10, 05:12 pm
First I wanted to say I'm so sorry for your loss. I know its got to be hard on you and Speckles. I agree with what Toadies said. I've never had to console a pig after losing its friend but I think more time with you or other people will def help. As far as toys go my guinea pigs have always enjoyed toys with bells. I've got them some balls with bells inside that they enjoy pushing and throwing around. I also have them some of the toys for birds that hang on the side of the cage with the wooden sticks and a bell on the end. They seem to enjoy these and will chew on the sticks from time to time. Just have to be careful with wear and safety when getting the toys.
Also maybe a stuffed animal in the cage? I've heard of people doing this and maybe if Speckled is comfortable with it it could provide something tp snuggled againist.

Hope this helps. And again I'm so sorry for your loss.

gimmepigs
07-06-10, 08:18 pm
I recently lost a pig and Oliver lost a friend/cagemate. He too seemed a bit depressed and kind of reclusive at first but I handled him more and cuddled with him and that seemed to help.I think attention helps. He is becoming more like his old self every day. I am so sorry that your piggy passed away, I know how hard it is.

Gracespigs
07-06-10, 08:57 pm
HUGS, so sorry for your loss. Give your other piggie a HUGE hug and kiss from me.