Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Ch-ch-ch-changes! New piggy, new cage!

BFarnsey

Cavy Slave
We adopted Gabe (Renamed from PeeWee) a few days ago and he's brought so much happiness into our lives already. As he was quarantined and had a vet check while at the rescue, we felt safe about introducing him to our other two boars. We put them in adjacent cages for a day or so before doing the introducing.

The three of them together is a bit entertaining. Bert is the dominant one. The mounting has stopped, but he'll still chase Gabe around until he decides he's too lazy. At which point Gabe goes over to Bert and tries to squeeze in next to him. We've had a lot of fun playing out the dialogue: Bert: I'm the boss here. Rawr! Gabe: Isn't this such a great day! Look, HAY! You're my friend. La la la. Bert: ... Leave me alone. Gabe: Hey, where ya goin'? We're best friends! Let's do everything together!

Meanwhile, Vigo just kind of hangs around watching the show from his favorite hidey places. It's a great feeling to give these piggies a nice, large home to live in and see how they express their happiness. But honestly, I think I could give them a mansion to run around in and they'd still be more excited from the sound of me getting their veggies!

Pictures!:

pinky

Cavy Slave
Your cage is awesome. I'm curious how difficult it is to clean it and if you have any strategies to make it easier. I have a 2x5 with a 1x2 loft with fleece on the first and second levels and a Carefresh kitchen under the ramp. I find it difficult to maneuver around the ramp.

BFarnsey

Cavy Slave
Cleaning it doesn't take horribly long. We just take out the bricks and the scooper fits easily under the bended cube so we can just scoop it all to one corner in the white coro, and the black coro is even easier. Having the fleece upstairs is great because there's no hay or bedding up there so it's VERY easy to brush off the poops, vacuum (I actually lift my huge floor vacuum and do it that way; It works like MAGIC!), roll, and throw it in the laundry. After cleaning the coro and re-bedding, it easily takes less than half an hour, aside from the fleece and towels in the laundry.

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
Aww he's adorable! All three together is just too cute.

Now I'm jealous. d:

BFarnsey

Cavy Slave
How are things with Merry? Going well, I hope? I love baby piggies!

Pigjes

Cavy Slave
Great setup! Love the pics!

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
Merry's doing well.. but I'm vacation right now so I miss him terribly. :weepy:

Good luck with everything!

3Piggles

Cavy Slave
Aw, cute boys, and I love your cage!!! They have lots of space, and I think they like having different areas and levels. Yep, veggies beat out just about everything in piggy interests!!!

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Great photos - love the one of the piggy butt in particular!

I would still strongly recommend grids around the upper deck, they could get into a boar battle and knock each other over that coroplast.

GuineaLove

Cavy Slave
Wow, I love your cage. I wish my girls had as much space.

medusa_stew

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Is the new pig in the black 2x3? or can they all go in there??

Gracespigs

Cavy Slave
Very nice cage! Love it!!

BFarnsey

Cavy Slave
@blackarrow
The coroplast is too wide and overlaps the connectors on bottom, so I couldn't fit any grids in, but I put the hammock under the opening just in case. So far, no issues.

@Medusa
They can all go in it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.