Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pony time?

PumpkinPunk

Cavy Slave
I know Eventrocker33 and Slap_Maxwell both ride/own horses, and I'm just curious who else here is in love with/rides/owns horses. What discipline(s) do you ride? Own any horses? Favorite breed(s)?
I don't own any, but here at school I ride a Tennessee Walker named Marshal Dillon. I trail ride him western, and I also ride him bareback a lot. We try to jump..it's not always pretty ;) My biggest love is jumping, but I'd also like to get into more dressage. At home I ride TBs and Arabs.

Last edited:

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
I have a Pony of the Americas named mist,a palamino QH named Scatman, maybe a new draft cross named Gwen, and my friend's paint lives at my house(Doc). I mainly ride dressage but I love to event as you can tell by my name. That is cool that you ride too.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I have a Thoroughbred gelding named Sprite, who is a basket-case. I also have a Welsh Pony named Stormy. I work everyday to pay their board, and I ride and jog (in a cart) racing Standardbreds training for races. I generally ride dressage and casual western. (I have done western pleasure, hunters, saddleseat, and cutting).

I love Tennessee Walkers.

PumpkinPunk

Cavy Slave
Hehe..ponies are the best. I forgot to mention my "big dog", a Dartmoor pony mare named Sassy that I've been getting thrown off of..er, I mean riding, since I was 12 ;) She's not really mine (yet) but I've been riding her for 9 years, she might as well be lol!

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
I've been riding my whole life, yet, still do not have a horse. I used to work at a stable.
My favorite breed of horse is an Irish Warmblood. Most of the time I ride an Irish Warmblood, who's show name is "Three's Company." I used to jump alot, but now I do dressage. It's alot of work, but very rewarding. I show, too.

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
I like this thread! I started horse back riding when I was 11 (i'm now 13,) I love it! I ride a pony named Houdini. Somebody my mom works with has a horse, so I get to ride her for free hopefully this summer. She is also going to teach me western (I ride english at the moment.)

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Lindsey's Boys, western is really fun, I"m sure you will like it.

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Poohbear said:
I ahve been riding since I have been 7 and I am now 16. I stopped riding this septemeber as it was a lot of money and I needed the money for my college savings which is now complete. Yah!!!
I started when I was seven, too. Now I am also 16. Pooh, what are we going to do with our pigs when we go to college?

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
I decided not to go to college just for that reason Slap. OK not really, there are other factors too, but I was thinking that question as well

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
Emily F. said:
Lindsey's Boys, western is really fun, I"m sure you will like it.
I think I will. I've heard it's easier than english, and a lot more fun.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Poohbear said:
I was thinking that also. I am bringing them with me.
Where are you going to put them? Dorms won't allow them and apartments around campuses are at least $1000 a month.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
dagwellismypigy said:
I decided not to go to college just for that reason Slap. OK not really, there are other factors too, but I was thinking that question as well
Where are you going to work? Are your parents allowing this?

Wow. I wish I had the option.

PumpkinPunk

Cavy Slave
slap_maxwell said:
Where are you going to put them? Dorms won't allow them and apartments around campuses are at least $1000 a month.
I don't know where you got the apartment figure from, but apartments where I'm at school are way less than that, about half that at most. For example, I'm living in a duplex house with a bunch of friends and my rent is $370/month plus utils..it comes out to about $500, depending on the time of year (obviously more in the winter with heat..). But unfortunately, I think most colleges require students to live on campus at least freshman year. :-/ And you're right abou tthe dorms, pigs are definately not allowed. Do any of you with this problem have siblings who would take care of them for you until you can take them with you??

Ketus15

Cavy Slave
At least $1000 a month? *Sigh* Only here in San Diego...

And by the way: All of you do have options!! You can go to school full time and take out loans (or earn a scholarship), you can work part time and go to school full time, you can start at community college...The options are endless!! I'm not promoting anarchy, or anything, but its important to think of what you want for your future, and not just about what your parents want for you. 13, 16, 19 years old, you all have your lives ahead of you! Get an idea, get educated about it, then make a decision!

Youth is intoxicating!

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
Let's get back on to the subject of this thread now, lol.

Lindsay's Boys- I think western is much easier than english. Alot of people say that, too.

PumpkinPunk

Cavy Slave
Emily F. said:
Let's get back on to the subject of this thread now, lol.

Lindsay's Boys- I think western is much easier than english. Alot of people say that, too.
Western may be easier, but personally I think english is a lot more fun. Nothing beats flying through the air over a jump! :D But again, just my opinion..

Emily F.

Cavy Slave
I also think Englihsh is more fun. I do dressage, so it's even more work.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.