Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Forages Can I feed Gallant Soldier?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
It's not on the poisonous plants lists that I use nor is it on the safe lists either. So I am unsure as to the safety of this plant. Use at your own risk.

Catayn

Cavy Slave
Is it edible for people? I didn't know that. If that is the plant I think it is, it causes me severe allergies when I touch it. Doesn't it have some sort of "milk" inside?

Duffinvt

Cavy Slave
Is it edible for people? I didn't know that. If that is the plant I think it is, it causes me severe allergies when I touch it. Doesn't it have some sort of "milk" inside?

No, no milk inside. It grows in gardens here and can get to be 2 ft. tall ! It has little white flowers with a yellow center.

Cogni

Cavy Slave
I don't know the plant, but I see that it is in the daisy family. And daisies are on Ly's poisonous list.
It looks like for humans it is used as a spice rather than a vegetable--so if there are toxins in there, humans wouldn't get much of them. Piggies on the other hand, would.
I'd be very careful with it!

Sirene

Cavy Slave
Apparently it's toxic to goats. Not sure how this affects guinea pigs, but I am not sure I would feed it.

Here's some more info: (broken link removed)

Duffinvt

Cavy Slave
Apparently it's toxic to goats. Not sure how this affects guinea pigs, but I am not sure I would feed it.

Here's some more info: (broken link removed)

I have enough safe forages so I think I will not give it to the pigs. Thanks for the info !

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.