PDA

View Full Version : vacuums for fleece and how often do you wash

kalrik
03-28-05, 06:03 pm
Can any of you recommend hand vacuums for spot cleaning your fleece? A vacuum that is not too strong as to pick up the fleece. How does sweeping the fleece work? Well? not so well?

Also, I figured if I can go four days without changing fleece, I will be washing one set like about ninety times in one year. Do you generally have to replace your fleece every year?

dagwellismypigy
03-28-05, 06:51 pm
I use the Dirt Devil Scorpion, I got it for 15 dollars at Walmart. It's cordless so it has to charge overnight. When it is fully charged I can clean half of my 4x5 before having to empty the lil compartment. I use a mini whisk broom and a mini dust pan to get up the hay that falls of the loft. I tried actually sweeping, didn't go so well.

I wash every week. I don't know how long it lasts, but I need to replace/fix some fleece that I didn't sew up really well.

Poohbear
03-28-05, 08:09 pm
I use a dirt devil and it works fine altough it gets clogged a lot.

suzy_99
03-28-05, 08:47 pm
I gave up on my vacuum cleaner, because it always got clogged. If you get a good enough quality fleece and make sure that it doesn't fray or anything, I imagine that it would stay good for well over a year. I just started with fleece about 2 months ago, so I'm not sure yet, but I do have a fleece throw that I've had since I was about 12 and I'm 20 now and it is still in great condition and I washed it every week when I did my sheets.;

kalrik
03-29-05, 12:27 am
If it gets clogged a lot, how is that working fine for you?

dagwellismypigy
03-29-05, 12:41 am
I have had mine for a few months and it hasn't gotten clogged yet, it has a really nice filter, though I do need to get some new ones.