Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Moderating

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
How do you become a mod? Are there certain requirements? I already know as a mod you have to use correct grammar and encourage things like adopting and building C&C cages.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I believe you should be of a certain age and be extremely knowledgeable about guinea pigs, C&C cages, illnesses, etc. Plus, Teresa has to like you.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Even I'm not a mod (not that I want to be). I'm about as anti-breeder, anti-cruelty, anti-petshop, pro-rescue as you can get. I'll never be a mod though because I have a big mouth and cause trouble (anyone disagree? I thought not.)

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I would love for you to be a mod voodoo! You always come out with the best stuff... I would love to be one too although I'm probably too young.

Ketus15

Cavy Slave
LOL. I really like the requirement about how Teresa has to like you. Its her world, isn't it? Thats great though, she does a good job.

I actually think that the mods are some of the most tolerant people here, there are many posts and users I would have deleted or banned by now. So perhaps, restraint is a huge asset of a mod. With great power comes great responsibility... :)

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Himino

Cavy Slave
Poohbear said:
I would also love to be a mod. I think I need to be older though and be more knowledgeable.
Same here. LOL.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Being a moderator is not what some of you think it is. A mod has to show great restraint and fairness and although I strive hard to show restraint, there are times when a post or thread will get me so riled up that I either have to walk totally away from it, or throw caution out the window and say what I feel.

I have what I call a three strike rule. The first time, I tell of the rules (whatever it pertains to, most often "general posting rules"). The second time, I remind what the rules are. The third time, I issue a warning and if the rules still aren't followed, I determine if that person has made a great enough violation to be banned or if I should refer them to T to decide their fate.

To be a mod you do have to have to have great knowledge of pigs in general, know some about illnesses (keep in mind this is not a gp medical site, I often refer to people to gl since gl has medical experts), and since this is the c&c site, you have to have be an advocate of spreading the word and getting more people to house their pigs in c&c's. Also it really helps to be anti-breeding, anti-cruelty, anti-petshop and VERY much pro-rescue. As far as having to have T like you, well while that is true, T also has to think that you will represent her and the forum well before she will even consider making someone a mod.

There are days though when I envy all you regular members who don't have my responsibilities. Those are my "frustrated" days. I love being a mod and strive hard in fulfilling my moderatorship duties and I hope that I have at least earned the respect of most of the members here by being respectful to you and treating you they way I would like to be treated. There are those instances though, when I feel (along with many others) that an owner is being neglectful and irresponsible regarding the care of their pig(s) and I will voice my opinions on such matters.

Voodoo- you might have a big mouth like others of us I know but I don't personally feel that you cause trouble here. I feel that you are just very passionate about certain subjects and that you want very much to educate people!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
Ly, I don't appreciate you stripping me of my bad girl status.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
I don't know whether that is meant as sarcastic and mean or in a more jovial manner, but here, hands voodoo's "bad girl" status back.

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
you guys are too funny hehe

coolman

Cavy Slave
I'll never be a mod either lol, I dont have good grammer skills, i'm not that knolegable about guins, (AHHHH help lol) I'm learning, maybe when i'm older i'll be a mod, i'm not sure?lol

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
It was meant Jovially Ly... Like a big bad Santa Claus.

Forums suck for portraying human emotion and I hate smilies.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Slave
I thought maybe you were voodoo but you still have your "bad girl" status. Now get off this thread and go cause some trouble!

VoodooJoint

Cavy Slave
whhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.