Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stands Question for those with 2 level cube stands

RachaelB

Cavy Slave
I need my stand to be 2 cubes high because of a bad back. I don't want to use a table etc because I like that cubes give more organized storage. So for all of those with 2 cube high stands what's the my stable way to do this with the fewest amount of grids (I can't get another pack right now).

More info:
Cage is 2 x 5
I have animals and a child that lay or lean on the cage
I bought special zip ties just for the stand that support 50 lbs

I also would loke to use these (broken link removed) if I can figure out how they work. Has anyone tried them? I can't figure out how they might attach.

RachaelB

Cavy Slave
I believe it's 33 grids.

Not sure the first one would hold up to the pets and child bumping into to. The other two I saw but can't tell where they placed them. I saw some with grids all across the back and I couldn't tell if those two did that.

medusa_stew

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
Grid stands will always be a little wobbly.
Thats why I use a 6 foot long table from walmart, I have scoliosis and its the perfect height for me. I have a 2x5 also, so this would work great for you!

Walmart.com: 6-Foot Folding Table: Furniture

With the extra cubes I made them into cubes, lol. I did it two high and five wide. For storage.

it works great!

RachaelB

Cavy Slave
Can't spend more money right now. I spent about $300.00 on them in 3 weeks and I just posted about one of my girls having an injury so she ma need to go to the vet. Gotta figure out how to use the cubes somehow to do it. I did bookmark that though nice to know I can get one later that will be a good fit.

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Here's a couple designs. The first one uses 32 grids, and the second one uses 33 grids. (I think, but you could count them yourself.) Let me know if you have any questions.

RachaelB

Cavy Slave
Oh just what I need! If I was allowed to say thank you I would! That first one is perfect because I can put my large hay, yesterdays new and food bins under it.

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Oh just what I need! If I was allowed to say thank you I would! That first one is perfect because I can put my large hay, yesterdays new and food bins under it.

I'm so glad you like it! Hopefully it will be sturdy enough.

RachaelB

Cavy Slave
Well it's all together and decently stable. No harm will come to the animals anyway. It is a bit wiggly in the middle though so as soon as I can I will get yet another pack of grids to add one more cube section to one of the sides. That should still leave me with plenty of big storage and make it a bit more stable. I only used zip ties though maybe connectors would have helped.

RachaelB

Cavy Slave
Hmmm. Interesting idea. Thanks so much!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.