Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rabbits cage size limited space

bunnyguinea21

Cavy Slave
Hello, I have 2 bunnies and will be moving to a home with VERY limited space. It will only be a few weeks. I know I can build up! How small is WAAAAAY too small. I'll be tending to them all day everyday until we get into our new home. I'm looking for a home to accomodate them as best I can. BUNNY room :)
They are not in the same cage as well.

Also there is a yard, how would I know if the grass is safe enough for them for playtime. I can't really let them out as much for floor time, so I'm going to have to bring them outside. I will have to make somewhat of inclosed area for outside. I am moving to a town that rains a lot. How cold is too cold and how hot is too hot? If there is a bit of a breeze, should I cover with a blanket or something?

I am open to any suggestions.

Silverbeat

Cavy Slave
Too Cold: below 50, for more than an hour. Rabbits can go out in the snow and be perfectly fine for a short period of time [half an hour or 45 mins at most]
Too Hot: 85-90+
Temperatures are Fahrenheit.

If the grass is not sprayed with any chemicals, it is safe.

I would suggest that you make their cage absolutely no smaller than 2x4 with at least three 2x3 levels. And of course make sure that they get three to five hours [or more] of floor time every day.

bunnyguinea21

Cavy Slave
Ok, it doesn't get too hot where I'm moving. It does rain a lot, I understand Rabbit don't like to get wet. Maybe I can get a canopy of some sort. I'll try my best to get them out as much as I can for floor time. We're staying with family for a few weeks, so I hope to make them as comfortable as I possibly can.
THank you :)

Silverbeat

Cavy Slave
Your rabbits should not be outside in rainy weather. It is stressful for them to get wet, just like it is for guinea pigs.

bunnyguinea21

Cavy Slave
Ok thank you.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.