Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Can't decide, opinions please.

candi

Cavy Slave
I can't decide what type of bedding to use for my guinea pigs when I get them. Either wood shavings or fleece? Which do you prefer to use?

Also how often does the fleece need to be changed?

GuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
I prefer bedding..

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I much prefer the fleece. I change it every 3 days and there's no smell.

pennick

Cavy Slave
I prefer aspen bedding. I live in an apartment so its easier for me.

stipma

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I tried aspen but I must have had some sort of reaction to it. I spent two days suffering with a migraine. No more headaches since I switched. So when you get right down to it, I guess it wasn't necessarily my "choice", but man! am I ever glad the fleece is working.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I like newspaper and kiln-dried pine.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
candi, definately go for the fleece. With loose bedding, a lot used to get kicke out, so out came the hoover every day. Also the cleaning can be a pain too. With fleece, you just shake it and then bung it in the washing machine. Or, you could invest in some vetbed from www.ebay.co.uk It cost me about 17 pounds (I think) and it stays completely dry for 6 days. No smell whatsoever. However, I have to wash it by hand and it's difficult

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
Fleece! It is much easier and cheaper in the long run. I have one guinea pig and I change my fleece every 3-4 days.

*Piglets-Angel*

Cavy Slave
I use newspaper for bedding, and change it like once to twice a day, its free and allergy free, its SUpeR easy to clean, and it doesnt smell, so newspaper is a pretty good choice, my vet recommended it, and now I love it.

candi

Cavy Slave
Piglet said:
candi, definately go for the fleece. With loose bedding, a lot used to get kicke out, so out came the hoover every day. Also the cleaning can be a pain too. With fleece, you just shake it and then bung it in the washing machine. Or, you could invest in some vetbed from www.ebay.co.uk It cost me about 17 pounds (I think) and it stays completely dry for 6 days. No smell whatsoever. However, I have to wash it by hand and it's difficult
LOL, I'm used to bedding and shavings being everywhere :p I've got 17 hamsters and somehow shavings end up all over the house even though the hamsters are in one room...lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.