Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Saskatoon, SK

nemoo

Cavy Slave
I am looking for supplies in Saskatoon,SK. I have found the grids to make the cages at Canadian Tire/Home Depot, but I am having a very hard time finding chloroplast. Anyone live here and know any places?

GPGuy

Cavy Slave
I'm not in your area but I'm sure I've seen it at Home Depot back in the sheet materials area.
Also, gas stations use this stuff all the time for their street signs and such. You can try to contact a station manager and see if they have any old signs stored someplace that they aren't going to use anymore.

Sign stores use a lot of the stuff as well.

Cheapest will be the gas station (probably free) but will need a good wash first.

Flssgrl

Cavy Slave
Did you check the home page? On the left side there is a feature to help find materials in our areas. I am not in Canada but I found mine easily at a sign shop. Shops that make custom signs and it was affordable. Good luck!

medusa_stew

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
order some from sue!

At the top at Cages Store.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
It's actually coroplast, not chloroplast. If you've been asking for it by the wrong name, people aren't going to know what you are needing.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Try this place.
(broken link removed)

They have many locations in Canada.

magik

Cavy Slave
Im in ontario Canada and had the same problem so I went to Canadian tire and bought child mats to play on that look like giant puzzle pieces and put a sheet on top and then fleece and works good. Its water proof so no worries about urine going through to your carpet and easy to wipe clean.

sherp

Cavy Slave
I'm in Saskatoon. I found coroplast at Rona and Home Depot. Rona had black ($30) and some other colours. Home Depot has white or natural ($20). You might have to ask for corogated plastic.

If you know of somewhere local where you can get bulk hay, let me know. Early's usually has good timothy hay, but I seem to go through it too fast.

guineapig67

Cavy Slave
I going to get my coroplast from my dad because he owns a gas station. I live near you and my Canadian Tire has coroplast. So I don't know why yours doesn't

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.