PDA

View Full Version : Vitamin C. drops?

*Piglets-Angel*
03-26-05, 01:00 pm
HI:
Hammer&Sarah, has a bunny, and they put Vitamin C. drops in his water, is this okay? And could you bunny experts tell me what veggies they like?

Thanks,
~PiGLeT~

*Piglets-Angel*
03-26-05, 02:05 pm
Really, nothing at all?

bunnyluv17
03-27-05, 10:56 am
Rabbits can manufacture their own vitamin C, and the drops could potentially do more harm than good.

Some good veggies for rabbits include: romaine lettuce, collard greens, parsley, cilantro, mustard greens, carrot tops, celery, broccoli, dandelion greens(no pesticides), etc.

www.rabbit.org (http://www.rabbit.org) has a reccomended veggie list.

Zao77
03-27-05, 12:35 pm
My bunnies loved carrot tops and grass. Lettuce was also quite popular, and the occasional fern and avacado plant leaves.

*Piglets-Angel*
03-28-05, 12:13 am
Alrighty, thanks guys, so should I tell her not to give it to it anymore?

~duh, Im *Piglets-Angel*~

bunnyluv17
03-28-05, 07:46 am
I don't know about avocado leaves, but I know that avocados and guacamole are poisonous to a lot of animals (including rabbits). You may want to check with a vet before feeding avocado leaves again.

My bunnies loved carrot tops and grass. Lettuce was also quite popular, and the occasional fern and avacado plant leaves.

rabbitsncavyluv
03-28-05, 04:59 pm
Don't put anything in a rabbit's or guinea pig's water.

Zao77
03-29-05, 07:58 am
no rabbit can even reach an avacado.., and they dont just randomly fall off the tree either.

you know how tall the trees are?

I think its pigs and the whole fruit thing. You know nibble the branch dont eat the fruit.