Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi

RachaelB

Cavy Slave
Hi Everyone!

I'm Rachael from Alabama. I've had 3 piggys over my lifetime.

The first as a child, the second as soon as I moved out on my own and now my new rescued piggy. With my second one I made the mistake of buying from a pet store not only did they sex it wrong, but it was just a mean lil piggy. I guess because of the way it was treated in the store. I moved and gave "him" to a lady with lots more piggys. 2 months later I received an email that "he" had had a baby. Vowed then to never buy another pet store animal.

Our newest addition to the family is Penny (because she is copper colored). She's about a year old and the sweetest animal on earth. My cats love to stare at her all day and the dogs just love to sniff her (don't worry I guard her closely) .

I just wanted to say thank you for this forum. It's a very valuable resource and I have learned so much!

RachaelB

Cavy Slave
We have 2 piggies now (along with 2 dogs and 2 cats). I found the camera cord so I thought I would post some pictures.

First up we have Penny. I think she is an American or American satin, she a little over 1 year old and if I did it correctly with the new machine she weighs 1160 grams. I didn't think that was so big until I found her friend Libby.

Libby is supposed to be about a year old (she hasn't had her first vet check yet). I got her from a nice lady that needed to rehome her since she had too many. Either she's very small or Penny is very big because the read out said 771 grams.

Libby looks much different than Penny. I thought all piggies had a squished nose kind of like a rabbit like Penny does, but Libby's is like a rats. Yes that freaks me out a but since (please excuse me rat, mouse and gerbil lovers) I don't like rodents with tails. They give me the willies.

They are living in a newly remodeled 2 x 5 cage soon to be expanded more (waiting for new grids to be in stock). As soon as I get the grids and such it will be a 2 x 6 with a 1 x 2 kitchen. Their newest cage is not the one shown in the pictures. Oh yeah so some picture of the girls (Libby is shy and I couldn't get good ones of her)

Penny

Both

and just Libby

fresian.m

Cavy Slave
They are both adorable!

gimmepigs

Cavy Slave
What sweet babies!

GPGuy

Cavy Slave

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Hi ! Your pigs are cute. By the way, other than 4 pigs we have one pet, a Maine Coon named Rachel (was named when we got her from shelter and we kept it). Our last name begins with B. also !! So hi from Rachel B. and all the pigs, Shady, Busy, Issy and Baby Jayne !

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.