Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Introductions

skoolmarm

Cavy Slave
I got my first two girls a few months ago and have been hooked... or rather obsessed ever since! My first 2 girls were from a student of mine who had become a little overwhelmed with all of her pigs. Then about a month ago, I was browsing Craig's List and found an ad for 2 unwanted piggies from somebody who lived very nearby, so that's how I got my 2nd set of girls.

I've been reading these boards like crazy and some other very good sites too. I'm doing the best that I can to give my girls the very best life that I can give them.

The girls are all very excited as they will be visiting my classroom tomorrow and Friday! My students and I have been reading about the history of guineas, proper guinea care, and some short stories about them too. We've talked about proper handling of them and since they are older kids and will be supervised by myself and another teacher (who runs a cattle ranch, so she's excellent with animals), I am confident that this will be a very good visit. I teach middle school Reading so the plan is read to piggies and allow the kids to end the visit by giving the girls some veggies. We're all very excited! Wish us luck!

Penny is the Abby red color, Brandy is the American multi color, Stormy & Moon are twin black Abby girls with the white stripes on their noses-- the ONLY difference they have is Moon has a white stripe on her booty (Moon!).

Kipsie

Cavy Slave
Hi! Reading to the piggies day sounds so cute.
I wish you well!

ingrid

Cavy Slave
That red abby is GORG! What a fun teacher you are! :)

peanut74

Cavy Slave
Newbie from Illinois! Hello!

Hi, my family has been planning to adopt 1-2 pigs for about 6 months, and are pro rescue. We have 3 daughters ages 3, 7, and 9, and a cat. We recently adopted a 1 year old female,(see siggy picture), and found out she is pregnant. We do not condone breeding, but since we have a pregnant pig, want to do what's best for her. We have an agreement with a local shelter to take any babies outside of 1 we are keeping to be a companion for Peanut(female of course), and two of my friends also want to take a baby each. Any experience or suggestions on care for her, other than increasing food intake, and less handling? We don't know how far along she is but she has saddlebags already, and I can feel movement in her abdomen. She is so sweet and friendly, and we just love her!
DSC03699.jpg

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.