PDA

View Full Version : New and Happy

crisma1974a
05-18-10, 08:21 am
Hello everyone. I have a lurker for some time. I have been trying to get as much information about cavies before adopting. I am proud to announce that I have adopted 2 females about 3 weeks ago. They are about 9 weeks old.

Meet my beautiful girls, Snow and White. Snow is the cuddly one. We take her out every day, a couple of times per day. White is the one with the rosette on her head. She is a bit more skittish and still trying to adjust to lap time. She is also more vocal.

I look forward to chatting with everyone.

Sirene
05-18-10, 09:31 am
Welcome to the site! Your pigs are beautiful, and kudos to you for adopting rather than buying! :)

crisma1974a
05-18-10, 10:40 am
Adoption is the only way I will get my pets. I made the mistake of buying our hamster at a pet store. I didn't know then you can adopt other type of pets besides dogs and cats.

I can't believe how much we are in love with our girls. My sons adore them.

We have them in a simple 2x3 C&C cage. Their new & bigger cage is in the works as we speak. Their new cage will be 2x4 with a 2x2 loft.

I love how they wheek for me when I get up the morning. The minute I push that blanker aside, I can hear them wheeking.

Once they fill their tummy with my special morning treat (romaine, cilantro and colorful bell peppers), they popcorn for me. White popcorns so high that I thought she would jump out of her cage.