Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Trying to make a point

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
Im not trying to start a fight just saying....
Why is it that when I mentioned that I got my puppy from an Amish family that I'm close friends with, Someone assumed they were milling? And when I said I got lucky getting my dog from a dog shop (which I consider in my dogs case rescue), Someone atomatically pointed out that they are bad (Which I know already...) Just seeing if anyone can tell me anything...

Katie

Cavy Slave
How many dogs do your Amish friends have? Amish are known millers. They treat all their animals like crap. "dog shop" makes me wonder, why do you call it a dog shop? Was there more than one dog and more than one breed?

(broken link removed)

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
If you buy a dog from a pet store you are NOT rescuing. You suported the puppy mills, and thats more dogs bred to take it's place. You have only contributed to the problem.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
moomoo

Now you are trying my patience.

Why are you over here saying "Someone assumed they were milling"? Implying that I said your friends were puppymillers? Did I not make myself clear in post 32 of the thread you are referring to? https://guineapigcages.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3541&page=2

Did you bother to look at the small handful of links I provided in post 26 of the same thread? Do you think all of those websites are lies? Do you think Katie is lying too?

As far as pointing out that pet shops are bad...perhaps you aren’t aware that you are on an anti-breeder, anti-pet-shop, pro-rescue forum.

The majority of people here do not feel that buying an animal from a pet shop under any circumstances is rescuing. If you know it’s bad why did you do it? Why are you defending it? If you already know it’s "bad" then why are you surprised that people are telling you so?

When you buy an animal from a pet shop you are encouraging the animal breeding industry to produce more animals (most under horrid conditions). You are helping to add to an animal overpopulation problem that is already out of control.

Everyone makes mistakes. Most of the avid anti-pet shop/anti-breeding people on this board and others have bought an animal or bred at some time. We would all understand if you were to say "I bought my dog from a pet shop but looking at those links you provided has made me realize how awful my sweet dog’s conditions may have been. I will no longer support the pet industry and from now on will do all I can to rescue".

However, you are simply acting...let’s see...what word did you yourself use?... AH, Yes, ignorant. Even my 10 year old daughter understands why pet shops are bad. If you feel you are being misunderstood then stop whining about it, do your research on what we are talking about and then see if you can come back with something more intelligent to say on the subject.

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
see post 46.
https://guineapigcages.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3541&page=2&pp=20

P.S. Is it possible to delete boards?

Best wishes,
Moomoo

P.S.S. Notice how I try to make peace. I sign with best wishes and I watch what I say. Ignorant is pretty much what your last post was. Im trying to make this a mature conversation. Comes to show all aldults in conflict (Both of us) can act like children sometimes. Sorry for any hard feelings.

Best Wishes (Again),
Moomoo

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
P.S. Is it possible to delete boards?

Sorry we aren't deleting the board. If you meant delete a post, yes you can delete a post within so many minutes of making your post, I believe it's 10 minutes. The moderators can delete posts as well but it has to be something really bad to be deleted.

see post 46.
(broken link removed)

That thread only has 38 posts in it.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Yah, thats what I was thinking. There's no post 46

LuvMyPiggers

Cavy Gazer
oops. lol sorry wrong post number!

Best Wishes,
Moomoo

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.