PDA

View Full Version : Fleece will she start pooping everywhere?

Julietsmom
05-07-10, 02:30 pm
Right now I have pine bedding in the cage and fleece under her hayrack and a piece of fleece in the corner of the bottom floor. I did this because I noticed the only place she was pooping was on her snuggle bag, which was fleece. So my question is, if I line the whole cage with fleece is she going to start going everywhere?

Feeorin215
05-07-10, 03:00 pm
I switched from recycled newspaper to fleece. Ronin just poops in his igloo and around his hay. That's all. It will probably different for you because all pigs are different! Give it a try and see what happens!

hurleyslave
05-07-10, 04:18 pm
If you keep the fleece that you have now that's used for her pooping area and leave it there when you switch completely to fleece, she MIGHT be tempted to just continue using that piece of fleece to poop/pee on. But I'm not really an expert at this as my piggie still poops/pees in his dome from time to time:)

nic*nic
05-10-10, 08:33 am
Hi JM, I have switched to fleece and my 3 piggies poo everywhere. They did before, so no change there, and it is easier to pick the poos up off the fleece than it was with my previous bedding. I am not 100% sure that them peeing everywhere over the fleece is ideal though, the bedding I used before was very absorbent so I'm not sure which is best yet.

urockstar
05-13-10, 12:32 am
Right now I have pine bedding in the cage and fleece under her hayrack and a piece of fleece in the corner of the bottom floor. I did this because I noticed the only place she was pooping was on her snuggle bag, which was fleece. So my question is, if I line the whole cage with fleece is she going to start going everywhere?

No matter what you do, your pigs are going to poop wherever they want to poop. Generally they tend to like corners - Mine seem to like to shimmy a bit against the wall of their cage or into the corner, but obviously still do their business wherever they want as well.

Tip: Get a handvac - works wonders.