Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels Grids under coroplast???

Julietsmom

Cavy Slave
I am building my first C & C cage. The first level is storage 2x4, second level is for Juliet (my piggie) 2x4, third level 1x4 for Juliet, and then a fourth (also with a full coro bottom) 1x4(x2grids tall) for my green cheek conure, Jazz. The vet said it was safe to put them like that as they will have no contact anyway with the floor in between them. My question is, on that second floor (Juliet's bottom floor) do I need grids under every section of coroplast or can I do every other one? Is the coro (4mm) strong enough to hold the piggies (I will eventually have another) on its own??

Azusanga

Cavy Slave
I'm not entirely sure about the first question, but for the second, asking if the grids are strong enough- yes, they should be. A support is always a little helpful to keep the stress from breaking, but you won't need too many if you're supporting a level vs. the whole cage (if you're building the cage on C&C's, you can just zig-zag them and it's very sturdy.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.