Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bunk Beds

• Thread starter silverstream007
  • Start date

silverstream007

Cavy Gazer
I'm trying to find new things to add to Sonic's cage, particularly sleeping/lounging quarters. I've seen photos where people who have used stackable boxes or bent grids to make bunk beds and I was wondering if I should bother to make one. I hate to say it, but my baby just isn't that bright. He hasn't been exposed to a lot and spent most of his early life in an inadequate store-bought cage so I'm wondering if he'd even climb up in to it. I considered bunk beds in the first place because I'm concerned about space. I want to leave the first story of the cage as open as possible for lap running and leave his food, water, hay and beds in the second story. This is so important because Sonic lives with my father and I'm only with my father on weekends so I can't give exercise time if I'm not there. My father has to work a lot so he's on his own for the most part during the week and sadly, doesn't get enough attention. [Planning on adopting another soon] There really isn't much I can do about the situation right now but hopefully it'll improve soon; I have some plans in store :eek:ptimist:

What exactly are the pros and cons of a bunk bed?

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
I don't know pros and cons but mine LOVE their bunk beds. I have 8 piggies and only 2 bunkbeds and they are constantly fighting over them. Just make sure you put them low enough so when they get off it isn't a long ways to get down. I use a stuffed pillow or toy so they are just stepping down. They also LOVE sleeping under them as well. :)

Toadies

Cavy Slave
You'll never know if you like spinach unless you try it. He may love the new digs and it may stimulate his little mind to be more curious. Give it a try.

Vixen

Cavy Slave
I made bunk-beds for my two girls and they do not jump onto it. But they love hiding under it. So even if he doesn;t use it for the purpose you think it would be for he may still love it and use it in his own way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.