Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

anyone found an easier way to make?

Lady_Magoo

Cavy Slave
I do love the sticky in this area, but I always mess it up no matter how close I follow the directs. I'm always ripping it apart and redoing it, or completely starting from scratch and it takes me at least 2 hours to do...I am an experienced sewer, although I do admit I am pretty ADD...I've made three so far, and tonight I was on a roll and thought "This is going to be the best one yet!" and then somehow it just completely was not. I have no idea what I did, but somehow the parts that are suppose to be on the inside and never seen are sticking out somehow.

I know how to make the sleeping bags, but I was just wondering if there was a way to make the similar cozies I'm trying to easier and with less steps for my ADD :eek::silly:.

Maybe someone can point me to a better tip than what I am doing...

hurleyslave

Cavy Slave
Honestly for me, I don't sew the two pieces of fabric together. Meaning, there's two pieces of fabric - one cotton/flannel and the other fleece (which is for the inside while the cotton/flannel print is for the outside). So I sew up the three sides of the cotton print, leaving one opening (the short-end) open and not closed. But for the cotton/flannel print, I turn the fabric out so the backside is facing me when I'm doing the sewing. I do the same for the fleece print but instead of having the backside facing me, the front is this time. Sew all three sides for the fleece leaving one opening (usually the part where the piggie will go in lol). And then I slip the fleece into the cotton print (I turn the cotton print inside out so the stitches are on the inside now and the stitches for the fleece are on the outside), and sew the two pieces together on the open-end part. I sew the two pieces around so there is still an opening.

To make it short, I got my inspiration from here:
Cozy by LilyGrace

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.