Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Need help with cage design (incorporating pet store cage with C&C)

Kathy_D

Cavy Slave
I want to make a 2X4 C&C on a stand and incorporate the pet store cage to use as the kitchen. My original thought was to put it on top and attach it as a loft, largely because space is at a premium in my house and adding it on the end or the side will make it difficult to put anywhere. My problem is that the pet store cage is large and I'm not sure how to attach it to the top securely. The dimensions of the pet store cage are: 36" X 19" at the narrowest (bottom of the cage) and 38" x 21" at the widest (the lip where the wire top part attaches). Does anyone have thoughts on how I can make this work?

trekkerpig

Cavy Slave
Well, I'm not quite sure but I have a little image in my mind. Make a platform of grids, I'm not sure how many and then test out the pet store cage on it. If it needs more support maybe put a grid coming downwards so that the bottom 2X4 would be partly sectioned off. You may need to section of more than once. But then you may not need to at all depending on how well it does on the platform. You can add things like a narrow wooden plank for strength or brooms? I'm pretty sure someone used the long handle of a long broom. I think if you put two narrow planks of wood crossing each other that should be quite strong. And then support it from the ground floor.

Once you can put it on and it definitely doesn't fall through you can see how to build a ramp up to it. I can't really visualize this part because I don't know what the pet store cage looks like. And I'm used to metric not inches. Hopefully you can stabalize it with lots of strong bits of equipment.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.