Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi :)

Ferny

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone!

My name is Emma (username Ferny is my hamster's name!)

I'm 21 and live in the UK. I have a fiance and I'm in my third year studying psychology at uni.

I have 6 piggies, started out as 2 and quickly became 6 due to people not getting along with each other and me having to find cage mates for everyone! Anyway we're all happy now and have been settled for a few years! I have 5 girls and 1 neutered boar and they all live in pairs in C&Cs in my spare room.

As well as the guinea pigs I have a bunny who free ranges in my shed, a hamster who lives in the pig room and a cat!

I look forward to getting to know you all and your pigs :)

Emma
xxxx

RRDominick

Cavy Slave
I can't wait to see pictures! and welcome to the forum there is alot of good stuff to learn on here.

frillint

Cavy Slave
Welcome. A lot of good information here. I can't wait to see pigtures.

Rodneysmom

Cavy Slave
Welcome, pigtures would be great!

utsarah

Cavy Slave
Welcome! How funny that you ended up with six because you had to separate some, and then get cage mates. Cute.

Ferny

Cavy Slave
Hello! Thank you for the welcomes! Here are my piggies hope this works :)

Maggie - Maggie is nearly 3, she lives with Sephy and has the most attitude I have ever seen in an animal. She is an escapologist and has been known to scale the C&C in order to steal nextdoor's veg. She is the first to greet me when I go into the room and I don't think I've ever seen her sleep she is up for fun any time of the day and will do anything for food!
Picture24-2.png

Sephy - Also nearly 3! I think she is the brains behind Maggie's mischief! She is definitely the dominant sow and is generally quiet and keeps an air of mystery about her, again she'll do anything for food and loves being stroked.
P1000743-1.jpg

Ferny

Cavy Slave
Ralfie - My little old man! He's neutered. We think he is around 5, but nobody is sure. He has been through so much in the time I've had him including nerve damage in his back, eye problems, numerous abscesses, chest infections, bloat, diarrhea. And many more. For some reason this one little pig seems to attract any illness pigs can get, he has been healthy now for over a year, he doesn't seem to be able to see or hear very well and he has no wheek bless him but he eats so well and is still a fatty, he's a content piggy and loves his wife very much!
DSC03997-1.jpg

Panda - Panda is about 2, she's a sheltie but I cut her hair very short in summer to save her getting too hot. She's a lovely little lady, very gracious and looks after Ralfie really well, she is obsessed with green beans! No idea why she loves them so much the others aren't bothered but they all have their little traits I suppose!
DSC03867-3.jpg

Ferny

Cavy Slave
Bumble - Bumble and Bee are sisters and were my first pigs! Bumble is the mothering type, very laid back and well natured she's a pleasure to have around! She's very tolerant of her annoying sister who pesters her so much!
P1000203-1.jpg

Bee - Bee is a complete drama queen and never stops talking to herself! She's hilarious to watch and very much like Maggie when it comes to being up for fun any time! My pig room would be a dull place without this little piggy she puts a smile on your face when you're in the worst mood!
vtydtf-1.png

And finally all together for a pose!
DSC05010.jpg

Hope you like them all!!

Mishy

Cavy Slave
Hi Emma

Lovely to see you here. You must post pics of your gorgeous bunch

Sirene

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your pigs are absolutely beautiful, all of them!!

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Your pigs are too cute! Ralfie and Maggie especially stole my heart!

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Terrific photos, particularly Bee's - she sure has the, "What, who, ME, a naughty pig? I don't THINK so!" look down pat! And Maggie both looks and sounds like my ultimate dream pig, LOL.

Welcome.

vickyangel3

Cavy Slave
Welcome Emma, your piggies are so cute! Your Maggie sounds like my Abby. She was in a separate upper cage from Maxi as he was nearing the end of his period for being separated due to him being neutered. She wanted to be with him and scaled down from the top floor to the bottom, several times!!
Loving the group pose picture!

Katrinah

Cavy Slave
Your piggies are absolutely beautiful! How did you get the crew to stand still in a line like that for a picture is beyond me lol

Spoto27

Cavy Slave
Welcome to Guinea Pig Cages! There is a lot of info and great tips to learn here. I love all your piggies! Sephy looks like my girly Jesse who died just this year.... RIP Jesse. Hope you like it here!

Ferny

Cavy Slave
Thank you all for the lovely comments, I can't 'thank' properly yet.

Katrinah - It's not always easy to get them all to sit together, sometimes they feel like it and don't mind, sometimes they hate it and we have 6 going off in different directions! I have quite a good christmas pic of them all together will have to dig it out!

Spoto27 - I'm sorry to hear you lost your piggy, sleep tight Jesse. I don't often see other pigs with Sephy's colouring she seems to be dark chocolate which seems to be pretty uncommon, I'd love to see a picture of Jesse sometime :) xx

Cogni

Cavy Slave
Such a beauty pageant of piggies! Welcome Emma/Ferny!

MissSofi

Cavy Slave
Welcome! You have precious piggies.

SparlyD

Cavy Slave
Awesome photos of your cavies! Makes me want to get another piggie for our 2 girls! :)

doodlebugfinery

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness!
Welcome to you and your gorgeous piggies!
(Bee stole my heart!)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.