Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Realtor's coroplast?

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
I'm shopping around to find the best deal on coroplast. Have any of you found coroplast at a real estate place? If you did, please tell me about your experience.

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
I think vodoo joint has a age with political/real estate signs.

lissie

Cavy Slave
I think VJ got the coro for free.
You can call sign shop and ask them if they have any signs with printing mistake that they would like to throw away.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
All of the coroplast for my cages is recycled. I get it after elections by collecting the large signs off of public property (or private with permission). You can also go to the election headquarters and ask them for leftover signs.

I have never tried realtor's as their signs are usually small and often are generic enough that they would reuse them.

This year I scored a couple of large pieces of coroplast from the headquarters of an absolutely Awful mayoral candidate we had running. He was so bad that he verbally attacked myself, my husband and our friends because we were video recording one of the debates. We were accused of being "political operatives". I will be taking great pleasure in refitting the coroplast for my cages and allowing my animals to poop on this man's face and name for the next several years.

By the way, he was not elected.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
All of the coroplast for my cages is recycled. I get it after elections by collecting the large signs off of public property (or private with permission). You can also go to the election headquarters and ask them for leftover signs.

That's a good idea. Where would you find an election headquarters? Also, this late after elections, would there still be some usable coro leftover?

Would it be a good idea to ask a sign shop if they have any sheets they messed up on, like Lissie suggested?

Thanks for your help.

Sirene

Cavy Slave
That's a good idea. Where would you find an election headquarters? Also, this late after elections, would there still be some usable coro leftover?

Would it be a good idea to ask a sign shop if they have any sheets they messed up on, like Lissie suggested?

Thanks for your help.

It's always worth asking - just give them a call before you go there, to save yourself some driving. Sign shops may even sell you a whole brand-new sheet for about $15-$20. And by the way, a 4x8 foot (standard size) sheet of coroplast WILL NOT fit (any which way) into a regular sedan car with non-removable seats! lol

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Absolutely call and ask the sign shops if they has misprinted or unclaimed signs for sale. Just be sure you tell them why you want it.

This long after elections you can check with recycling centers/builders recyclers (like the Habitat for Humanity ReStores) to see if they have any coroplast signs.

To find election headquarters you would go to the websites of the people running for election and the locations should be listed on the sites.

Before I managed to get a large enough sign to recycle for my cage I just had coroplast on the sides (from small ad signs) and the bottom was a recycled, metal, dog crate pan. It was a mild pain to clean as I used shavings but I wanted to wait so I could recycle.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.