Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Cute C&C story!

Oo wish oO

Cavy Slave
When I decided to build my boys a C&C cage I called all of te local hardware stores and no one even knew what coroplast was! Finally my husband found me a local sign store that sold it. I called ahead for pricing and to make sure they'd sell me a sheet. When I went in to buy it the lady rang up my order and as my card was going through she said, "....so, your building a Guinea Pig cage huh!" and I was just thinking, what? How does she know bc I never said anything about why I was buying coro! So I said, "yeah! How did you know???" and she goes on to tell me that the only reason random people walk in their store to buy coro is if their building a guinea pig cage! She said she gets a lot of people buying it for cages and that people sware by coro! I thought that was so cool that that many people where I live are building C&C!

Holly&Fred

Cavy Slave
Yeah I had the same experience when I went to get mine. I mentioned actually that they had quoted me a different price over the phone, and they explained that there were different kinds, but the kind used for cages was this one. So it seemed like they get that kind of thing a lot. It's good to know, especially considering there isn't a single rescue/shelter within two hours of my city that accepts guinea pigs, so the only sources of information around here are really the internet and pet shops.... glad people are looking into the former.

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
That's great! Too bad more people here don't know about C&C cages.

When I called a coroplast place, they were like, "You only need one sheet? What for?" And I said it was for a guinea pig cage and they said, "Huh? How can you use coroplast for a guinea pig cage??" I explained it to them and they thought it was a neat idea.

Hey, it only costed me $9 and about 20 minutes of driving, so it's definitely worth it.

leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.