Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning What detergent do you use on your fleece?

frillint

Cavy Slave
I was wondering what non scent laundry detergent you all use on your fleece. I want to get a new kind of detergent.

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I make my own. It is fun (for me, anyway). I make a huge pail of it about twice a year. It is washing soda, borax, grated Ivory soap and hot water. Works very well and no scent to it. You can Google homemade laundry soap for directions. Ends up much cheaper than store bought.

fieryone

Cavy Slave
I use the same detergent that we use. I'm not particularly brand loyal but it's usually scent and dye free All or Wisk.

frillint

Cavy Slave
I was trying to find something that is completely scent or mostly scent free. Making it sounds fun lol, but I don't have time for that. I have never heard of wisk. I might have to try all. I bet it is expensive though.

trump_cinnamon

Cavy Slave
I use wisk, and I love it.

utsarah

Cavy Slave
I use whatever we're using. Right now it is the dye free All. For some reason I love the smell of original Tide, but I only buy Tide when it is on sale.

LoveMyPiggies23

Cavy Slave
I use the hypo-allergenic Purell. It is dye free and completely scent free. I love it.

guineapigmomy

Cavy Slave
I use Arminhammer(sp) with oxi clean. It does not really have any smell, and is cheap 8.99 for a large bottle. It is the same stuff I use, so no special pig detergent. But it gets the smell out and pig stains.:crazy:

Also I have tried Wisk, but it made us all so itchy!:boggled:

frillint

Cavy Slave
I will look at the hypo-allergenic Purell to. I use Xtra mountain rain or Sun burst vanilla lavender. I think its to much scent for them.

trump_cinnamon

Cavy Slave
Also I have tried Wisk, but it made us all so itchy!:boggled:

Huh, that's weird! I once tried Tide, but it was the same deal, made me itchy.
There's a hypo-allergenic wisk that I use.

I think I'm gonna try out the arm and hammer scent and dye free.

frillint

Cavy Slave
I just went out and bought All free clean has No dyes, No perfumes, No preservatives. I got it on sale the big one 96 loads $10 I bought 2 they are orginal $15, so I hope this helps instead of the lavender scent and mountain rain. I Also couldn't resist going to joanns fabrics. They have a sale 3.50 a yard I bought 6. I already have like 13 10 of which I bough there the last time for like 5.50 a yard and 2 of them were a little short, so I cant use them on Bella, Chloe, and Amys cage. I can use it on Darwins though. Can never have to many. I hope it helps them, the new detergent. They are in the dryer now.

doodlebugfinery

Cavy Slave
I use an all natural earth friendly detergent called Ecos along with a product I discovered when I cloth diapered my daughter: Bac-out by a company called biokleen. It's awesome at removing odors and is non-toxic.

Cogni

Cavy Slave
I buy whatever scentless brand is on sale, but I like the Kirkland brand of scentless laundry detergent from Costco when I have time to go there. I use the same detergent for fleece and for clothes. The fleece gets some Oxyclean in with the detergent, and vinegar in the rinse. I have a front loader and it washes the fleece beautifully. It also helps to have a water softener. Our water is full of iron and magnesium as well as calcium, so it really messes up the pipes as well as makes it impossible to get the detergent out of the laundry. The softener solved this problem.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.