Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Medications To much probiotic?!

frillint

Cavy Slave
I just realized this morning that stupid me, I was only supposed to give the benebac(probiotic) once a day! I started the medications MOnday at 7pm, tuesday they had both at 7AM and 7PM and same with wednesday. I noticed it this morning. They haven't been given the probiotic twice to many days and I still have exactly enough to finish all the medications. They are not hurt from me giving them an extra dose of probiotic for tuesday and wednesday are they?

frillint

Cavy Slave
Could that be why Amy had soft poop??

Toadies

Cavy Slave
It could be the cause of soft poop. Are you withholding fruit at this time (you should)? Just make sure that they have plenty of hay and are drinking well and keep an eye on the poop. Are you giving the probiotic at the same time as the AB? It should be given about an hour before the AB as the AB will kill the beneficial bacteria if given at the same time. If you have been giving them at the same time, that could be the cause of soft poop.

frillint

Cavy Slave
My vet never told me when to give it. The last time I was there she said to give at the same time. Well, her poop is now back to normal! YAY!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.