Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Conditions Shadow's ongoing vet visits

Katrinah

Cavy Slave
So we think we have finally beaten the abcess Shadow had ( https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/medical-veterinary/52625-update-shadows-cyst.html )

The lump is gone and she finished the antibiodics she was on for that on Sat.

Now last night at 8pm I had noticed she hadn't touched her veggies I had put in her cage at 6pm. She was sitting in her hidie and it looked like she was breathing harder than normal. I took her out and hand fed her some veggies but I also heard a clicking noise (not teeth chattering) as she was breathing. I took her back to the vet this morning and while the vet said her neck area looks great, her lungs sound good, there is some congestion in her head and it could be a begining to a URI. So back on the antibiodics we go, she prescribed SMZ-TMP which is another name for Bactrim and will have to be on that for 10-20 days.

Poor lil piggie just can't get a break :(

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.