Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Constructing two cages together.

Ali_Cat

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone =]

I just recently joined this site,and although I don`t currently own any pigs at the moment, I will in the near future. I do however have a question about two C&C cages,that I will be building together.

I currently own a hedgehog,who`s cage is a 2ftx2ft, two story C&C cage. Though once I get my two male guineas,I planned on re-building my hedgehog`s cage,along with my new pigs.

Un-seperated,the entire cage will be 8ft long,and 2ft wide. Each cage having a 2 square foot upper level. I was going to have my guineas cage 5ft by 2ft,with the 2 square ft upper level,and my hedgies cage 3ft by 2ft,with his own 2 squareft upper level. I planned on seperating the guineas and hedgies cage by 2 square grids.

Would this be okay? Having the two cages directly next to eachother,seperated by the grids, or would I have to actually have the cages appart.

Also, the 5ft x 2ft with the 2ft upper lvl of the guineas should be large enough for my two males,right?

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
Sorry, your thread was a little confusing, so let me clarify:

You want to know if it would be okay if you had a 2x5 guinea pig cage (with a 2x1 loft) next to a 3x2 hedgehog cage (with a 2x1 loft)?

If that's the case, I think that it would probably be better to have the cages non-connected. Just because the hedgehog and guinea pig can touch noses and paws, and that seems like it might cause trouble.

What's stopping you from making two separate cages, anyway?

Good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.