Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Piggy toys

princess85

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone. I am new to the forum and have lots of questions,so you will probably see several post from me lol. I am in the process of building a c&c cage for my piggies and was wondering what are some good things to put in the cage for them to play with? Homemade or store bought. If anyone has any suggestions please post. Thanks so much:)

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed) , (broken link removed) both have a lot of toys, you can use hammocks, anything soft really, hidey houses, wooden chew toys. Just look around.

pennick

Cavy Slave
I have found that my piggies enjoy any kind of hidey house or cozies. They love sleeping in different ones. They also enjoy those large cardboard colored tubes. They chew them up which is good for them. Keeps them busy and its good for their mouth muscles and teeth. They also enjoy non painted baskets that I put a pillow in where they hop into to rest and also chew on the baskets. once again, I Keep a supply of different houses to change from time to time to keep it interesting for them which they love. They were never into wood toys or bird toys. They also enjoy a paper bag. Throw one in the cage from time to time. You can put a treat in it or some hay. They love jumping into it. Some people throw in toilet paper cardboard rolls. Also you can roll up a piece of paper and see if they enjoy that. Its a matter of trying different things and seeing what they like best. I must have spent hundreds on them, alot of it was waste except for the ones I mentioned above. Good Luck. Dont forget, although its not a toy, Good Hay, they spend alot of time munching on that.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I find the log houses are a bit hit. Tomoyo will chew on it for hours. Same with those Hampster bite things. They are peices of wood in the shape of vegetables. I have to replace those every three months because they get so worn down.

My pigs also love the big paper bag that Yesterday's News litter comes in. It's a bit big for in the cage but it's a good floor time toy. I also use the recycled paper inserts that they use now instead of styrofoam for things like camera and computer part packaging. I put a veggie on top and they have to climb on top to get it. Very good exercise.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
My pigs love the tubes and hidey houses. Not much else interests them. A pigloo is a must.

B0001RTONQ.01-A16MZ6IWWRWUP5.MZZZZZZZ.jpg

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed) is a great site for crafts and such.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
I highly recromend Ly's cavy caves. My pigs love them. There is a whole thread about them on this page.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.