Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

brands of kiln dried pine?

jacblades

Cavy Slave
what brands are there?
i was reading the bedding page and am a bit confused.
so if it smells like pine, it is bad?
i know the kaytee smells like pine even though it says it is kiln dried. sometimes even my aspen smells like...well pine. i assume this is bad.

is there a good brand of kiln dried pine? i work at petsmart (dont bash me-our petsmart has really great employees whose whole lives revolve around animals, such as myself:) )and we always recommend aspen or carefresh. i always talk people out of buying pine or cedar but then i turn around and get a big strong whiff of the aspen which smells like it does have aromatic oils in it sometimes...

help me out on good brands of bedding.

thanks in advance
+jac+

pennick

Cavy Slave
I have never had a bag of aspen that had a smell. Thats why I like aspen. I find it odorless. I couldnt stand the pine, any pine. Had a perfume smell that I found sickening. People thought my cage smelled from the piggies when in fact it was the pine. I love aspen and wouldnt switch.

jacblades

Cavy Slave
well there is aspen in my cage right now and it i lean close to the cage, i can smell it. this seems to be the case with every 1 out of 3 bags that i get. sometimes the bedding is a bit damp too.
i read a post on here about kaytee someitmes combining cedar with aspen, could they possibly have labeled a bag of pine as aspen? is it possible that they do it about 33% of the time?

am i the only one with this problem?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.