Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia "Australia's first rabbit and guinea pig only hospital"

chrisandpiggers

Cavy Slave
Hi guys!
The Melbourne Rabbit Clinic is moving from Hallam to Ferntree Gully. Hallam was so very far from where I live and unfortunately Ferntree Gully is even farther. But still, it is fantastic to know another vet clinic that has qualified exotics vets working there! According to their site, the vets and nurses are all bunny and pig enthusiasts. Gah! It sounds amazing, I'm so excited. :D Although I probably won't be going there for annual check ups or if the pigs come down with something non life-threatening.
Any Melburnians ever taken your pigs or rabbits to the Rabbit Clinic before?
Thanks!

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
Wow I didn't know we had this thing! Thanks you for sharing. :)

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
I know about that place but it's a long way from me (I'm outer northern suburbs), my current vet (not an exotic but he knows his stuff) did a stint there a few years back and consults with them whenever I take my piggles in, mostly about medication doses etc

chrisandpiggers

Cavy Slave
I know about that place but it's a long way from me (I'm outer northern suburbs), my current vet (not an exotic but he knows his stuff) did a stint there a few years back and consults with them whenever I take my piggles in, mostly about medication doses etc
Same, I'm outer north eastern suburbs. I would love to know which vet you go to! I currently take the piggers to Whitehorse Vet Hospital in Blackburn.
Snow, which vet do you go to?

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
Lort Smith @ Plenty Valley is where I go, I've had three pigs that needed serious treatment (Terminal Lymphatic Cancer, a large Abscess and a bladder stone/UTI) and have been very happy with the treatment my pigs have got from them, they'll let me go into the post surgery room and set up the cages for them...towels + fleece, a cuddle cup or fiddlesticks + a bowl of Timothy Hay etc.

Ilovevenice

Cavy Slave
Could you please send me cpnyact info for the vet mentioned email and phone no would be great
I lost 2 guins in Jan and my vet didnt know why and is quite prepared to find out why

thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

chrisandpiggers

Cavy Slave
Could you please send me cpnyact info for the vet mentioned email and phone no would be great
I lost 2 guins in Jan and my vet didnt know why and is quite prepared to find out why

thank you

Hi Ilovevenice, welcome to the forum!

I'm not 100% sure what your asking for, but here is a link to their website: (broken link removed)
If you scroll down to the bottom of their page, there is a blue box that says "Read Our Newsletter" - if you click on that it has all the info you want.

I'm sorry to hear about your guinea pigs. I also lost a dearly beloved guinea pig to an inexperienced vet. If it was in January, I'm guessing it might of been heat related?
Your in Victoria, right ? I messaged you with a few links to cavy savvy vets (these are confirmed by the Australian Cavy Sanctuary).

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.