Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Pickles and Gizmo's new home

utsarah

Cavy Slave
They've been in their new home for almost 2 weeks but I've been too busy to take photos and upload. I tried to upload to the gallery but it said I didn't have permission.

My boys are in a 2x4 cage. My husband is talking about adding an upper level after we don't need to baby proof anymore.

When we cut our coro we cut for 10 inch sides instead of 6 inch. Then we can always cut it lower after they are bigger.

Just on overview. I put their store bought cage on top for photo purposes only. Just to show how much more space they have with the C&C cage.
P1010068.jpg

I wish it weren't blurry but it is funny. Gizmo and Pickles peeking out from under their hidey house
P1010109.jpg

I saved this one for last. They both want to be in the yellow hidey house. Sometimes I look in and see Gizmo's butt hanging out the back end..it is so funny!
P1010114.jpg

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
What a nice cage you made! I like it a lot! You did a great job, and your pigs seem to enjoy their new home.

pinky

Cavy Slave
They've been in their new home for almost 2 weeks but I've been too busy to take photos and upload. I tried to upload to the gallery but it said I didn't have permission.

My boys are in a 2x4 cage. My husband is talking about adding an upper level after we don't need to baby proof anymore.

When we cut our coro we cut for 10 inch sides instead of 6 inch. Then we can always cut it lower after they are bigger.

Just on overview. I put their store bought cage on top for photo purposes only. Just to show how much more space they have with the C&C cage.
P1010068.jpg

I wish it weren't blurry but it is funny. Gizmo and Pickles peeking out from under their hidey house
P1010109.jpg

I saved this one for last. They both want to be in the yellow hidey house. Sometimes I look in and see Gizmo's butt hanging out the back end..it is so funny!
P1010114.jpg
One of mine likes to sleep with her head in a tunnel with the rest of her body on the outside. I think she thinks we can't see her.

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
Ohh what cute little piggies. You do great job! I'd live there! lol

utsarah

Cavy Slave
Thank you everyone.

My husband and I were cracking up the other night watching Pickles, who usually hides a lot, was literally running LAPS around the cage. It was awesome. He was even jumping over the corner of the red house.

It was definitely worth the frustration my husband and I went through putting it together with the stand. I am moving the cage to another part of my living room some time this week. When I do I'll show what the stand looks like. There are just not enough hours in the day for me here lately!

I do now have two water bottles in the cage at all times. I actually have four water bottles total so when two are getting cleaned in the dishwasher I can have two fresh ones in the cage. I do the same with their food dishes.

Their Cavy Perfomance came this week. I am following the instructions on the back to convert them over to Oxbow. They were on Sunseed when I got them and I didn't want to stress them too much by changing diet right away. I pick the cereal looking bits and dried fruits and veggies out of the Sunseed pellet mix.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.