Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Teacher encourages guinea pig outside!

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
I were so upset. Piggie is alone in hutch outside. I ask question about shelter, safety and friend. She said pig is outside because he smell so bad from poos on feet. :(
I tried nicely to explain that piggies need company and if he was given bath and inside he wouldn't smell or be sad and make crying noise anymore. You knows what she said???

Pigs are meant to live outside. They're dirty and the only reason I keep the pig alive is because I far too much of animal lover to kill him. :weepy:

lilsoldier218

Cavy Quiet
Cavy Gazer
No offense but i would make a plan to steal the pig, or ask her if you can have it. Thats not right what she said!

Katrinah

Cavy Slave

blackarrow

Cavy Slave
Any chance you could adopt this pig from this "animal lover"?

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
If the ONLY reason that she's keeping the pig alive is because she's an "animal lover", she ISN'T an animal lover.

frillint

Cavy Slave
That is TERRIBLE, see if you can adopt the poor piggy!!!

Ibbet

Cavy Slave
That is so sad. Poor piggy.
What she said is so wrong/sad.

Is there any way you could see about adopting him?
If you can't keep him you could just see about fostering him for awhile until you can find him a better home.

Hope this little guy (if he's even really a boy) gets out of that situation and soon.

Sirene

Cavy Slave
Poor pig - he must have been kept in bad conditions/been fed the wrong food to have poos on his feet! Can you offer him a home/find him a better home? Maybe this "animal lover" would take money for him?

1frankie7

Cavy Slave
Are you looking for pigs? If you are, She will probably be willing to give him (or "adopt him") out to you. Then once you have him(her?) out of these terrible conditions, you can see about finding him a buddy. And, If you can't take in a pig(or any more pigs) you could find him a proper home.

JD In Van

Cavy Slave
I agree. Adopt the pig from her if you can. Or put her in touch with a rescue.

utsarah

Cavy Slave
I still cannot understand why people get a pet just to put outside, especially a small animal like a guinea pig. Why even have it in the first place??

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
I would appeal to her sense of why she doesn't keep him inside. If she says he smells and has poo on his feet, offer to take him off her hands so she doesn't have to worry about the odor or poo anymore. You can remind her that not having to feed or house him would save her money and not having to clean up after him will save her work and time. If that doesn't work, you could offer to pay her for him. Anything to get him out of those conditions.

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
I begged her to let me keep him, but she say she 'love him too much!'

Make me so angry.

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
I would appeal to her sense of why she doesn't keep him inside. If she says he smells and has poo on his feet, offer to take him off her hands so she doesn't have to worry about the odor or poo anymore. You can remind her that not having to feed or house him would save her money and not having to clean up after him will save her work and time. If that doesn't work, you could offer to pay her for him. Anything to get him out of those conditions.

I will try. My whole class was mocking me and bell went so I couldn't keep talk to her. I will see her in private and try this.

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
Tell her that if she loves him that much she should do the right thing for him and re-home him. And if all else fails, invest in a set of all black clothes, a flashlight and go during the night and steal him. Then leave a stuffed animal in the cage as a replacment! ;)

Kitara_CavyMom

Cavy Slave
Tell her that if she loves him that much she should do the right thing for him and re-home him. And if all else fails, invest in a set of all black clothes, a flashlight and go during the night and steal him. Then leave a stuffed animal in the cage as a replacment! ;)
Erm, as tempting as this might be I would not advise it seeing as she would probably know who took it since Snow has already approached her. I think it would be best not for Snow to go to jail! :p

Mvibes

Cavy Slave
Why on earth would your class mock you? Because you care about animals? Pssh, forget them.

But I would deffinetly talk to your teacher in private. Try to show her how wrong she is without comeing right out and offending her (this could make her mad and then she wouldnt even listen to you.)

Is this a class pet or her home pet?

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
Home pet. I has the class tomorrow, so will talk to her then.

Wheekie
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

SnowPrincess

Cavy Slave
I have been thinking about what I will say. Instead of begging to keep him like I did last time, this time I thought I might say thing like: 'I know how hard it is for you with so many pet, and piggie require lots of special attention and diet, I'd be more than happy to keep him for you'

Anyone has suggestion as how I may talk to her?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.