Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pro Animal Testing?

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
Oh, that's so sad. The mother cat is obviously wondering what's wrong with her poor baby. How could anyone ever be for that kind of cruelty...

Quiet Things

Cavy Slave
Oh the poor kitten. People are shocking. That poor little thing! I don't know what else to say, that made me so sad!

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I couldn't even watch the whole thing.

lindsey's boys

Cavy Slave
slap_maxwell said:
I couldn't even watch the whole thing.
Me either.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I can't watch the whole thing either. My cats were so scared. They both sat on my lap and started meowing thier deep "What's going on Mom?" or "Something is wrong with Ukyou/Shampoo/the Pigs!" meow

Besides the fact that I found the sick, I had to turn it off because both cats can't fit on my lap at the same time (Shampoo is a big kitty) and fighting would break out between them.

If my cats reacted that bad to a recording I can't imagine what the poor mother cat felt.

Cat's are such kind creatures. They treat my pigs like thier own kittens.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I hope somebody who is pro-animal testing reads this, watches it, and changes their mind.

Sparky

Cavy Slave
would you rather have a 15 minute video of a deaf child yelling continuously to feel the vibration in makes in his throaght?

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
Sparky said:
would you rather have a 15 minute video of a deaf child yelling continuously to feel the vibration in makes in his throaght?
Sparky, you have caused problems in many threads, and this is a PRO-ANIMAL WELFARE forum. If you want to argue, go somewhere else, you are obviously looking for a fight.

Don't make me spell it out for you.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Sparky

In case you never noticed human children aren't cats.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
Sparky given the cats posture and frantic activity I doubt thats why the kitten is meowing. It looks like it's in pain to me. There is a big difference between curiosity and pain.

When my cats are curious about something they are very still and careful. I think they know if they do too much investigative activity at once they will spook or wreck what they are trying to find out. When my cats watch or approach the cavys they are very slow and quiet. A kitten trying to figure out a sensation wouldn't thrash about and the mother would ingore such curiousity. The mother cat (or cage mate for all I know. I just assumed it was the mother) was obviously upset, and my cats were upset when hearing the recording. They seemed to want to know where the kitten was.

I was reading up on the realated material provided by the PETA. They claim that the cats were not given pain killers after the surgeries. I would assume then that the kitten was probably subjected to one of thier horrible exparements and not given the appropriate after care. It looks like the poor kitten's head or throat hurts.

Quiet Things

Cavy Slave
Sabriel

My cat too was awfully upset, she sat on the computer desk while I watched. Unlike some I felt I had to sit through the whole thing, that may sound cruel, like I am sick or something but I think I was hoping something good might happen. I don't quite know what.

Oh and Sparky, I know many, many deaf people. If someone acquires deafness they do not scream for 15mins to feel vibrations. And if they are born with it they do not know any better. Besides people do not deliberatly do that to them do they? Pro animal testing? you should be pro human testing you sick person.

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
I actually tried watching it without the sound and I still couldn't sit through it. Even my husband who doesn't always agree with my pro life nothing should die stance seemed to have a hard time watching it.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
What's it of? I really hate watching these things.

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
What's it of? I really hate watching these things.
I think you should see this one.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Ok. I just go crazy sometimes, I cry for a long time afterwards...

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Sad! Oh wow, that's so... grr. What's the "deafness experiment" anyhow?

Himino

Cavy Slave
They do surgrey on the kittens to alter there hearing so they can't. It's sick!

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Are you serious?! (I know it's true, but honestly!) It's so freakishly sad, what's the point?>

ChadWPB

Cavy Slave
Absolutely awful. How could they do that to a kitten. What benefit was derived? They have programs to simulate these things. Better to experiment with bits and bytes.

Seeing things like this almost make me embarrassed to be human.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.