Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Cleaning washer after washing fleece

sstickly22

Cavy Slave
Does anyone wash their washing machine before putting human clothes in them after washing their fleece? If so how would you do that?

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
I do not clean my washer after washing the pigs' fleece. All I do is check for debris and remove any I find. Sometimes I take a wet towel and wash the inside a little, but for me, it isn't a big deal.

Some people do a load with just bleach to get rid of any bacteria. It's all a matter of personal preference. If you're a clean freak, you might want to try a bleach load.

Good luck!

Molly75

Cavy Slave
I could ditto sdpiggylvr's post. Some people also just do a load with vinegar instead of bleach. For me, I don't do it. Just seems like a waste of water. When I do a piggy bedding load, I set it to do a second rinse and I sort of think that helps.

frashy

Cavy Slave
I used to have the second rinse option on the washer, till it broke and my dad had to go and buy a new one. Of course, it wasn't as high end as the one we had. I miss that old washer..

But I was wondering the same thing, and the vinegar thing didn't seem to work. With the bleach, you mean you just fill up the washer and dump bleach in it? My dad would probably go nuts if I tried waisting water like that, haha.

hurleyslave

Cavy Slave
Yeah my parents would flip out on me if they saw the water bill and they saw my guinea pig bedding (since I attend university, my piggie is with me and they don't know about him yet but it's only a matter of time...)! But yeah, they would go nuts too. I use the laundry machines here in university (it's a far walk but free) and I just dump my piggie's belongings in a separate machine from my own clothes.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.