PDA

View Full Version : Rope Lights

MaggieMae
02-28-10, 02:40 pm
I see a bunch of cages in the gallery that have rope lights around the edge. Wouldn't that be a safety hazard? I've never owned rope lights so I don't know how they are made, I was just curious.

xoLauraox09
02-28-10, 02:51 pm
If the pigs can't get at it, its safe.
I think it looks really cool !

Jazlyn
02-28-10, 03:26 pm
I think they're fine as long as they're on the outside of the cage where the piggies can't get a hold of them.

Ly&Pigs
03-05-10, 11:30 pm
They are fine if used properly.

lulubird6
03-06-10, 03:05 am
Would these be okay to leave on at night so the pigs have light or do they like to have darkness? I know they're not nocturnal and they pretty much sleep most of the day when we are away. Just wondering.

MaggieMae
03-06-10, 07:21 am
Would these be okay to leave on at night so the pigs have light or do they like to have darkness? I know they're not nocturnal and they pretty much sleep most of the day when we are away. Just wondering.

That was what I was kind of thinking about but I guess maybe not all night but more like a dim light before it goes pitch black. The light I have right now kind of shines right in there really bright and I don't need that much light at night, just enough to tell where the floor is if I get up. So rope lights might be kind of a different solution!

JennG
03-07-10, 02:23 pm
I love the rope lights! I use them on the outside of my cages because I have a shelving unit type C&C. And I turn them off at night.