Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What kind of cage do you like:?

Poohbear
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
squares, I think when it is too narrow the guinea pigs don't have as much room to pass by eachother.

Poohbear
Poohbear

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
I like that when the cage is just newly cleaned I can sit in the cage with them for a bit and have them climb all over me.

Poohbear

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
I miss having a big cage where I can sit in their cage and let them bite my clothing and climb all over me too. But since my online store is building up and I need a place to sew and store things so thats why I used the shelving units for my piggers. I feel bad for them but I know one thing though is that once we move sometime next year or so they are getting thier big cage back.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
There are pros and cons to all types. In my experience with the cages lifted off of the ground, I think that a longer cage would be easier to clean. However, the square cage would give them more of an area to run in.

Plummie

Cavy Slave
I'm currently expanding my 2x4 cage to a 2x9 (in an L-configuration) for my girls and I've decided to go with the long and narrow design for several reasons. The first is for space conservation. If you have a large square cage that is lifted off the ground, it needs to be away from the wall so you can access all four sides for cleaning and picking up your pigs. If you had a large square cage against the wall, you couldn't reach all areas of the cage. My L-shaped cage will fit perfectly in the corner of the room and I can clean it without any problems.

My cage is elevated but if I had the cage on the floor and was able to crawl in and sit with the pigs, then I'd prefer a square. But for me this is too much trouble and I don't have the room, so I prefer the narrow cages.

AngelsCavies

Cavy Slave
Well it looks like we will be adding more cages. We are saving money like crazy so we can develop a small private rescue for Gps Soon.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.