PDA

View Full Version : What are some homade toys?

Animals548
02-25-10, 10:38 pm
I was wondering what some homeade toys I can give to my piggie as she is lonely. I want another one but my mom is not sure she wants another one in the house. I have a 2x4 c&c cage. My Guinea pig is 4 years old ( if that makes a difference on the toys you choose). Is it a good Idea to get 2 piggies or is it better that I keep her single and give her plenty of toys and stuff? Can a toilet paper tube be an Ok toy? or maybe with a cat ball inside that jingles, I had that before but she just chewed the whole thing down, is that a good idea or should I not give that to her again? Please help!:?::confused:

akstrohm
02-25-10, 10:58 pm
There is absolutely no replacement for another guinea pig. Pigs are social animals and need to be with others of their own kind regardless of how much attention or toys you give them.

This page will tell you all you need to know about keeping your pig happy and possible toys: Guinea Pig Toys and Play (http://www.guineapigcages.com/toys.htm)

MissSofi
02-25-10, 10:59 pm
My girls LOVE brown paper bags, and if you go to Guinea Pig Toys and Play (http://www.guineapigcages.com/toys.htm) and scrole down there are great toy ideas. I have found that with cat toys they are only any good if they are made of thicker plastic.

Cogni
02-25-10, 11:22 pm
Your piggie needs a companion piggie most of all. Solitary piggies suffer from not having a companion of their own species.

For toys, mine get a fresh sheet of crumpled packing paper every couple days. They toss it with that funny piggie head-yank and they bite it and leave tiny little holes. They don't do the batting around thing that cats do. I also got them some little stuffed animals their size (bear, buffalo, and guinea pig) but these were too cute for me to put in the cage and have them chew up and pee on. So these toys are perched on the canopy to the piggies' loft, where they can't reach them. Instead of stuffed toys, they get soft cloths to snuggle up to in the places they like to sleep. Easier to wash, and I think they appreciate them just as much.

Sarah Lin
02-26-10, 03:37 pm
LOTS of hay. It seems like the only things my pigs really play with are their hay, hidey house and tube. My one guinea pig especially loves to burrow in a big pile of hay.

Kitara_CavyMom
03-04-10, 10:06 pm
I really like the bird toys, my female loves it, but my male doesn't. I'm talking about the ones with a stick that has a bell on the end of it. The top of the stick can be removed. You can remove and replace the wooden sticks and balls if they get too chewed and you can even skewer veggies and fruits on them too.

Also, providing hay in a paper towel with a cut down the side or hay in a tissue box with holes in the side for a hay rack works well. They like to toss them around.